Caribbean-On-Line


Search for
 

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!







Visiting the Caribbean? Find Deals, Compare Rates, & Read Hotel Reviews on TripAdvisor


Follow us:    
St. Kitts & Nevis
  Books & Guides
  Car Rental
  Dining
    Reviews
  Hotels & Resorts
    St. Kitts
    Nevis
    DAILY SPECIALS
    Reviews
  Island Facts
  Maps
    St. Kitts
    Nevis
    Basseterre
    Charlestown
  Shopping
  Things To Do
  Travel Forum
  Villa Rentals
    Reviews Caribbean-On-Line
  Airlines
  Books & Guides
  Car Rental
  Cruise Lines
  Dining Reviews
  Email
  Forums
  Gifts
  Golf
  Hotels & Resorts
   DAILY SPECIALS
   Reviews
  Maps
  Magazine Rack
  Sailing & Boating
  Villa Rentals
  Weather







St. Kitts & Nevis: Island Facts

Tourist Information
American Express Office
Currency
Holidays & Events
Language
Population
Telecommunications

  Tourist Information:

    St. Kitts Department of Tourism
    Pelican Mall, Bay Road, PO Box 132, Basseterre, St. Kitts
    (869) 465-2620 or (869) 465-4040; fax (869) 465-8794
    Nevis Tourist Office
    Main Street, Charlestown, Nevis
    (869) 469-1042; fax (869) 469-1066
    St. Kitts and Nevis Tourist Boards - US
    • 414 75th Street, New York, NY 10021
      (212) 535-1234 or (800) 582-6208; fax (212) 734-6511
    • 1464 Whippoorwill Way, Mountainside, NJ 07092
      (908) 232-6701; fax (908) 233-0485
    • 8700 Bryn Mawr, Suite 800 S, Chicago, IL 60631
      (312) 714-5015; fax (312) 714-4910
    St. Kitts and Nevis Tourist Board - Canada
    11 Yorkville Ave, Suite 508, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4W1L3
    (416) 921-7717; fax (416) 921-7997
    St. Kitts and Nevis Tourist Board - UK
    10 Kensington Ct, London W8 5DL
    (071) 376-0881; fax (071) 937-3611
    St. Kitts and Nevis Tourist Board - Germany
    Postfach 2211, D-61293 Bad Homburg 1, Germany
    49 6173 66747; fax 49 6173 640969
    St. Kitts and Nevis Hotel Association
    Box 438, Basseterre, St. Kitts
    (869) 465-5304

  American Express Office:
Kantours
Liverpool Row, Basseterre, St. Kitts
Telephone (869) 465-2098

  Currency:
    The official currency of St. Kitts and Nevis is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (EC$), although the U.S. Dollar is widely accepted.
    The United Nations offers exchange rate information.

  Holidays & Events:
These events have a tendency to change venue and date rapidly. We strongly suggest calling or writing the Tourist Board to get exact information.
  • New Year's Day, January 1
  • Good Friday
  • Easter Monday
  • May Day, first Monday in May
  • Whit Monday, end of May
  • Queen's Birthday, June
  • Independance Day, September 19
  • Christmas Day, December 25

  Language:
The official language of St. Kitts and Nevis is English, spoken with a heavy West Indian accent.

  Population:
The population of St. Kitts and Nevis was last estimated at 40,000 in 2009. About 78 percent live on St. Kitts with the remaining 22 percent residing on Nevis.

  Telecommunications:
When calling the islands of St. Kitts and Nevis from the U.S., the area code 869 is followed by a seven digit local number.


Search for

 


About Us | Advertising | FAQ | Feedback | What's New? | © 1995-2012 Caribbean-On-Line


Caribbean-On-Line Virgin-Islands-On-Line Bahamas-On-Line Caribmart.com