Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Suggestions: RBH and what other place (14 day visit ) ?

Travel & news discussion about Anguilla

Suggestions: RBH and what other place (14 day visit ) ?

Postby Johann1 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:33 pm

Will likely stay at RBH, as we love the beach and seclusion. This will be a longer trip for us, and we may want a few days of greater pampering, room service, higher quality rooms etc.

Suggestions...key is it must also have hiqh quality beach (calm, shallow waters).

CuiArt is option, but they are in the blowing section of the beach..is this a problem in June?

Looking to spend say US$250-300/night (kitchen or room service).

Johann
Johann1

Postby pepper » Tue May 16, 2006 9:24 am

When you say "pampered service" and then add $300 a day with a kitchen, I start to scratch my head and think what could accommodate all that.

I am not sure about Covecastles summer rates in a Beach house but that was my 1st thought. Covecastles is not what I consider a pampery place though. They are a much more independent staff though they are accessible if you need them.

My first choice for "everything" you are looking for obviously would be Cap Juluca, but again, those rates...????
CJ's Maundays Bay is usually quite tranquil as is Shoal Bay West where Covecastles is. (Of course Mother Nature might decide to disagree with me the very time you are there.)

Malliouhana has a good summer rate of something like $385(?) on gorgeous Mead's Bay -- whose ocean could sometimes get a bit feisty -- but that particular accommodation would not come with a kitchen. However they are without a doubt a pampered place and have room service to boot with excellent food.
Talk about pampering, they also have a beautiful spa if you wanted to indulge yourself.

Hope this helps.
pepper

RBH+ Alternatives

Postby Johann1 » Thu May 18, 2006 5:55 pm

Pepper- Thanks for the ideas. Will look into it. Yeah, getting room service and more pampering does look like it will cost $300+/night. Thanks again.
Johann1

Postby Walker » Tue May 23, 2006 9:52 pm

I'd suggest you look at Ku, on Shoal Bay East. It has a pool (good for the small child), the beach is lovely, every unit has a full kitchen (an essential with a small child), and there are several restaurants on Shoal Bay. The rooms may not be as luxurious as you'd like, but the property was redecorated before it opened last fall as Ku (the property has had several names in the 13 years we've been going to Anguilla). It is now owned by the Cap Juluca owners. On the various boards people have had good things to say about their stays there and they seemed to have worked all the kinks out during this their first season.
Walker

Splitting Time

Postby ALR » Wed May 24, 2006 7:30 am

If you want pampered, you'll have trouble with that budget. Cuisinart has a promotion at $345/night. They have a sofa couch in the room for the little one. Malliouhana has a Friends and Family Package at $385/night where you get an adjoining room at no extra charge. But you need to add 10% tax and 10% service charge to those rates. If that's above budget, Ku might offer services you desire, even though it's more like RBH as opposed to a luxurious change of pace. Cap Juluca gives you a room for kids at 1/2 price, but it would be the most expensive of the three luxury hotels and is geared more toward honeymooners than families. If your budget can stand it, I think Malliouhana is best with kids becasue of the Children's Place with the ship waterpark, Bistro with a kids' menu, etc. And it's on the other side of the island from RBH, which is a different view than the south coast. Ku, though, is on Shoal Bay East, which is another great beach, so would be a good choice.
ALR

Return to Anguilla Travel Forum