Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Help! What to do for with young adults in Anguilla !!??

Travel & news discussion about Anguilla

Help! What to do for with young adults in Anguilla !!??

Postby AlmitchATL » Sun May 21, 2006 11:21 am

Traveling to Anguilla 6/22-6/29 for a wedding and then onto St Maartens to complete the trip. My wife and I have been to St Maartens before, (although it was over 20 years ago)but believe we won't have any problem with the kids (18 & 22) finding things to keep them busy. However, I understand Anguilla is real laid back and this might be more of a challenge. Anybody got any ideas?
AlmitchATL

What to do with young adults

Postby Walker » Sun May 21, 2006 6:54 pm

I have an 18 & 16 year old They have no trouble sleeping late anywhere in the world, trust me. They have enjoyed snorkeling (Little Bay, have them climb down the rope, and you parents can pay Calvin $12 each to take you over by boat and pick you up) or at Shoal Bay East (start at the right and swim towards the left). If they are scuba certified, there are two dive operations. Then there is walking on the beach, any of theh 36 or so gorgeous beaches. Tell them to take a good book/bad book and just chill and read. Finally, a little parental "threatening" never hurts: "If you kids can't keep yourselves amused and not fight, this is absolutely the last vacation I'm taking you on. Next time you stay home and you'll have to feed and walk the dog you always said YOU'D do and never have." Also, there are public tennis court at Ronald Webster Park in the Valley. Then for their night life there is Pumphouse and Johnos in Sandy Ground. Captains Bay is spectacular (but the swimming is dangerous due to the waves) and hiking up to the top of the beacon at Windward/Snake Point is simple (take the Tevas sandals or old sneakers because the coral is hard on the feet and you absolutely, positively must have foot protection) and you get a great view over toward Scrub Island. These kids need to learn to "chill." Walking the length of Rendezvous Bay (2 miles) is wonderful for your heels (takes off all the rough skin) and you can get a drink at Bankie Banks or Cuisiart. The view is spectacular.
Walker

Postby axadreamer » Sun May 21, 2006 7:02 pm

Mathew at Shoal Bay Scuba rents sunfish and will take the boys scuba diving even if they aren't certified (resort dive). With a week in Anguilla, they could even become certified if they want. Anguilla is a great place to bike, so they could rent bicycles and tour the island. Really, they shouldn't have any trouble enjoying their time in AXA.
axadreamer

Boys or Girls?

Postby ALR » Sun May 21, 2006 9:43 pm

When I take teenagers to Anguilla, the boys have different interests than the girls. The boys love to keep busy with things like spear fishing and listening to music on Shoal Bay on a Sunday afternoon. The girls like to sit on the beach and read or have an occasional spa treatment. They all like to snorkel and jump off the cliff at Little Bay and go to the restaurants, especially ones like Gorgeous Scilly Cay. The girls talk about going horse back riding, although I don't think we've actually made it yet. There are plenty of things for them to do. The boys like to go on the Glassbottom Boat with Junior. I could probably go on and on, but I don't think you'll have any trouble finding things they want to do. If you check www.anguillaguide.com under "Things To Do", you'll see more suggestions, including the new miniature golf facility.
ALR

"Help! What to do..."

Postby AlmitchATL » Sun May 21, 2006 10:52 pm

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. Walker..you must know more kids! I'll definitely take your recommendations
AlmitchATL

Return to Anguilla Travel Forum