Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Turtles Nest Beach Resort

Travel & news discussion about Anguilla

Turtles Nest Beach Resort

Postby Tara » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:23 am

Hi,
Does anyone have any information about Turtles Nest Beach Resort on Meads Bay? The price is right and customer service has been very friendly - but I am concerned about possible construction noise, etc. Has anyone stayed here or at least seen the property? I am deciding between here and Shoal Bay villas. We will be traveling this July/August with a 3 year old and an infant.

Thanks in advance!
Tara
Tara

Meads/Shoal Bay

Postby Mary » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:05 am

I love Meads Bay and have stayed at Frangipani a number of times but in your situation, I would opt for Shoal Bay. Shoal Bay is calm and shallow for farther out than Meads &, in my opinion, is way better for small kids; Meads has sudden drop offs & adults can easily be neck deep 10 feet or fewer from the shore. In addition, the proximity of a number of restaurants on the beach means that you can grab a quick lunch/snack in your suits -- no such option on Meads.
Mary

Postby pepper » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 pm

Make that 2 of us.
I agree with Mary.
Shoal Bay is the beach for you with your wee one.
pepper

Me too!

Postby O.T. » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:09 am

In addition to the sudden drop on Meds Bay mentioned by Mary, Meads can also be very rough at times.

We have experienced Shoal Bay to be rough occasionally, if this should happen SBV has a pool to retreat too.

Shoal Bay East have many casual beach bar places, ideal for a snack during the day.
O.T.

thanks

Postby Tara » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:00 pm

Thanks so much for the advice! Can anyone give me any info on construction? Are we more likely to encounter construction noise or large crowds on either of these beaches?

Thanks!
Tara
Tara

Postby Walker » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:00 pm

There are no crowds on the beach, although there will be more people on Shoal Bay than on Mead's Bay, because the day trippers from St. Maarten are brought to Shoal Bay, because it is a GORGEOUS beach, 1.5 miles long. You are going in "off season," which isn't as popular (hurricane season). There is no construction on Shoal Bay. Remember, construction in Anguilla is not done on a HUGE scale -- there are no hotels with more than 100 or so rooms.
Walker

Turtles Nest Construction

Postby sea glass » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:08 am

Tara the construction begins at 7AM and goes till 5-6PM.
sea glass

Return to Anguilla Travel Forum