West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Sandy Island info needed

Travel & news discussion about Anguilla

Sandy Island info needed

Postby one4islands » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:09 pm

I have tried to email King Gossip per Anguilla visitor guide email, no longer exists I guess. Have a trip booked in June and would like to head over to Sandy Island for the day several days during our visit. I am trying to find out what days, what times the boat goes over, fees and hours of Crusoes. If Anke or Doris read this I would love a response. We had a fantastic visit in June 2003, being the only ones on Sandy Island, so we definitely want to return, although I know we won't have the place to ourselves.

Thanks in advance
Thanks,

Kris
one4islands

Re: Sandy Island info needed

Postby Caicos » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:49 pm

I know this is a much delayed response, but since you are not going until June, thought I might still be able to help you. We returned from Anguilla a few wks ago and Sandy Island is open. Jason/Gossip's sister is running the island now, her name is Simone Connor. Jason gave us a couple of #'s to get a hold of her and we got no answer or a fast busy signal. Best bet is to go down to Sandy Ground and inquire at the small building next to Johnno's, which is the Sandy Island office. I heard the food was very good out there this season and they will take you out and back when you want. I think they are closed either Sunday or Monday. Doris is no longer associated with Sandy Island. She has been the Assistant Manager at Straw Hat for a few yrs now.
She is very happy and as sweet as ever!!!

Caicos
Caicos

Return to Anguilla Travel Forum