West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

How is the season going?

Travel & news discussion about Anguilla

How is the season going?

Postby Anthony » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:43 am

Interested in hearing from both visitors and residents their opinion on the season - has the warm weather in the states this winter slowed things down at all on Anguilla or has it been a good/great season so far? I have heard some anecdotal evidence pointing both ways -
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby penny » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:21 pm

Well its a balmy--can you believe 70 degrees here outside NYC. It suppose to be in the 60's the next few
days. I'll take it!

Anguilla was busy in Feb (week before Presidents)--as
usual Cap Juluca was full.
penny

Postby islandgirl » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:07 pm

Dear Anthony,
You seem to be soliciting comments on the "season" in Anguilla.
The forum died when you required folks to register. Before that it was one of the best forums on the internet.
Several times you deleted my posts when they were not "positive" for you.
islandgirl

Postby Anthony » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:49 am

Yes I was wondering how the season was since the winter in America was generally mild and I have been hearing that Caribbean tourism in general was having a "down" year. I know that Anguilla doesn't rely soled on the American market and the little I have heard from there it seems the season was strong, which is great.

The other forums I know of for Anguilla (and I don't admint to knowing them all or a lot of them but I think I know of the couple of busy ones) all require registration - no? So why would the quick and easy registration of this forum kill it?

If you have had posts deleted here that should not have been, this is the first I have heard about it from you personally. There are a lot of people that help moderate this board. Posts don't get deleted if they are not "positive" for me or not - that is a canard and frankly I am tired of it.

Thanks -
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby O.T. » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:33 pm

As a long (devoted) member to this forum, I do not think the registration has anything to do with the lower number of posts, - from genuine posters.

the "trolls" are out, which is good,

I have noticed more postings on other boards, like TripAdvisor, which is one of the advertisors on this board, mostly from newcomers to Anguilla, but replies are from "old timers" to Anguilla. Shows that Anguilla fans reads all the forum.

COL forums are widespread over the Caribbean, perhaps spreading themselves too thin to follow up on one particular island.
O.T.

Postby Anthony » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:08 am

Yes, more forums, different forums, advertising, etc. I agree that registration should not be an issue overall but I am willing to try anything.
Anthony
Site Admin

HOw is the season going?

Postby Walker » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:54 pm

We were there for 2 weeks in February and the beaches were no more crowded (basically, uncrowded) than usual.There was more traffic in the Valley (actually, leaving the Valley toward the West End). E's Oven and Tasty's were always crowded (read that as you must make a reservation), but the night we were at Bananas, there were only 5 tables occupied during the hour we were there. We went to English Rose at 8 pm and had the place to ourselves (they did a busy carry out business). Remember businesses must make enough during high season to carry themselves through the other 8 months of the year. So, Anthony, who knows whether it is a good season or not. It depends on who you ask. There was plenty of activity. The Temenos villas (3, which rent for over $30,000/wk) were rented while we were there -- at least that's what we were told.
Walker

Postby Anthony » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:20 pm

Thanks for that info, interesting stuff, and great to hear some first hand observations.
Anthony
Site Admin

Teminos

Postby Pit » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:23 pm

Sure it was occupied.., Celine was tere with her family and bodyguards. S he did spend time on Shoal Bay east and at Scilly on Sunday. Real down to earth gal
Pit

Return to Anguilla Travel Forum