West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Art in Dominica

Travel & news discussion about Dominica

Art in Dominica

Postby KarenS » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:37 am

ROSEAU, Dominica: The Ross University School of Medicine Library in Dominica will begin exhibiting paintings of local artists beginning the week of October 16. Each artist exhibiting will show his paintings for a period of approximately six weeks. Most of the art works will be for sale and prospective buyers will contact the artist directly.

For more about this visit <a href="http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000037/003756.htm">here.</a>
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby jomar » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:54 am

Who will be exhibiting in January? Will there be open access into Ross? What ID will be needed to enter the library exhibit, and what will be the hours?

Thanks
jomar

Postby KarenS » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:15 am

I'm e-mailing the University and will post their reply asap!
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby KarenS » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:32 pm

I still haven't heard from them. You'd THINK they'd have more promo out there...maybe on-island? I didn't get much info from their Web site (http://library.rossmed.edu.dm/) but there was a number where you could call and ask:
1-767-255-6500 Ext. 6273

I hope you go and report back on the exhibit!
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby KarenS » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:01 am

Well, a year later and I DID finally get a reply. It read:

I don't know how this happened but in organizing my files an email popped up about the Ross art shows and I don't recall seeing it before. You asked about the exhibits. The scheduling of the artists is done by someone else and is not done more than a couple of months in advance. So far we have had Etienne, Moses, Anika Weid, and now Petros Meaza. I do not know who is coming next. The paintings stay up for approximately 6 weeks depending on the artist's scheduling. There is open access to the library at Ross; we are open 24 hours a day but best time for viewing is day or evening. You need to check in with the Security booth at the main gate and they will call the library and ask us if it is OK. They will then issue you a visitor's pass and you are welcome to come in and see the exhibit on that pass. The exhibit is all in one room called the Fay Robiner Reading Room which is straight ahead as you come in the library. It is separated from the rest of the library by large glass windows. As soon as I get future scheduling I will let you know who the artists will be if you wish. Sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner.
KarenS
Site Admin

Return to Dominica Travel Forum