Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Can someone answer my questions?

Travel & news discussion about the Dominican Republic

Can someone answer my questions?

Postby angel2_4 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:39 am

I have a couple of questions:

1) Has anyone ever been to the Sun Village Resort in Puerta Plata? Any opinions/experiences would be helpful.

2) Any suggestions on transportation to Puerta Plata from the Santiago airport? It seems to me that it will cost us about $100 each way whether by cab or with the resort. Any cheaper suggestions out there?

I have been to the Dominican Republic once before, but that was to Santo Domingo and I am trying somewhere new this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
angel2_4

Postby KarenS » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:22 am

Alas, I have not been there but I did find this earlier news article from January:

COFRESI BEACH, Dominican Republic -- Sun Village Resorts will open its $25 million, 120-suite Residence at Sun Village Resort & Spa-Cofresi condo-hotel in December next to the 305-room Sun Village Resort & Spa-Cofresi and the neighboring Ocean World Adventure Park and Marina.

The Residence will offer one and two-bedroom suites each with en suite baths and Jacuzzis, an open-air terrace, a dining and living area, and full kitchen with a breakfast bar.

On site will be a pool, reception services, a clubhouse, a restaurant and a convenience store.

Meanwhile at the main resort, set to debut this spring is a 5,000-square-foot spa with 25 indoor-outdoor treatment rooms, gardens, a spa-only pool and a sundeck.

If you stay there please let us know what you think of the place!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Sun Village

Postby andre44 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Sun village is a nice resort you can visit, I have stayed there a few times. They are located in Cofresi beach, next to Hacienda Lifestyles which also is a resort and offers villa rentals. I`m renting a villa every 6 months there but I do it through a company called Golden Key Management in Sosua, with far cheaper rates and more locations to choose from. Try staying near Cabarete and Sosua if you want to have more places to go and enjoy.
andre44

Postby schmo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 am

I just stayed at that lifestyle resort in september in one of the villas it was very nice we rented through some kind of owners we found them online http://www.lifestylehvc.com/ We passes sunvillage but did not go inside to look around but from the outside it looked good beach area was good looking too you could walk to ocean world its so close
schmo

Postby Paula515 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:44 am

My uncle visited Sun Village Resort a couple of years ago - said he liked it, but thought there were better beaches in other parts of the Dominican Republic.
Paula515

Return to Dominican Republic Travel Forum