West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Blue Bay Getaway

Travel & news discussion about the Dominican Republic

Blue Bay Getaway

Postby polkdi » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:55 pm

looking to see if anyone has any information on the newly refurbished Blue Bay Getaway (now an adults only) in Puerto Plata.
polkdi

Hi

Postby AdoreCuba » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:19 am

This is a resort we are also looking into for March 3-10/07

Too bad no one comes to these forums anymore to respond. It was busier when we didnt have to register. That chased a lot of people away. Yes it was sometimes argumentative,(Good old Gordon Robinson aka Salmon Boy) but at least there were people here. Good luck on your research. From the brochures and internet, it looks good.

AC
AdoreCuba

Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas

Postby polkdi » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:05 am

Well... we finally decided to give it a shot - we are booked for march 10th. I will post any news that I see in any of the forums. We are booked with GoTravelDirect (I have always had very good service with them in the past) I am not expecting 5 stars at this resort. I believe I will get my money's worth.
polkdi

Re: Hi

Postby Anthony » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:41 pm

AdoreCuba wrote:It was busier when we didnt have to register.

AC I have to agree with that statement (obviously) but I still don't understand why registration seems to have had such a negative affect here. There isn't a forum I can think of on any topic where you don't have to register nowadays...
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Blue Bay

Postby AdoreCuba » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:20 am

Let us know what you thought of it. We are still looking, and waiting for a possible sell-off. Enjoy!!!!
AdoreCuba

Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas, Dominican

Postby skate8 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 am

Hi AdoreCuba, This resort has been refurbished. My husband and I are going in March 2007. We have been to this resort for 12 years known as just Villas Doradas, and have always had a great time. It closed last May until November for the renovations, so we are eager to see all the new changes. It has gone from a 3 star to a 4 star resort, and all the reviews we have read have all been positive. Trip Adviser has a lot of reviews and "Escapewinter" took alot of photo's and wrote a long review telling you everything about the resort. Hope you have as good a time as we do always, especially as I look out at the St. Lawrence river this morning and the temperature is 10 below zero Farenhit. Our vacation is looking better and better. Have a great vacation. Skate8
skate8

Re: Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas, Dominican

Postby skate8 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:36 pm

skate8 wrote:Hi AdoreCuba, This resort has been refurbished. My husband and I are going in March 2007. We have been to this resort for 12 years known as just Villas Doradas, and have always had a great time. It closed last May until November for the renovations, so we are eager to see all the new changes. It has gone from a 3 star to a 4 star resort, and all the reviews we have read have all been positive. Trip Adviser has a lot of reviews and "Escapewinter" took alot of photo's and wrote a long review telling you everything about the resort. Hope you have as good a time as we do always, especially as I look out at the St. Lawrence river this morning and the temperature is 10 below zero Farenhit. Our vacation is looking better and better. Have a great vacation. We also learned this is an Adult only resort. Skate8
skate8

Return to Dominican Republic Travel Forum