West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Royal Decameron

Travel & news discussion about Jamaica

Royal Decameron

Postby Tcoop » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:46 pm

Hi traveling to Jamaica next month and staying at the Royal Decameron in Runaway Bay.

Can anyone provide any information on what it is like? The restaraunts? Whats close? Anything within walking distance? Any good clubs?

How far is Margaritaville from the Royal Decameron?
Tcoop

Royal Decameron

Postby angela » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:29 pm

Hi,
Stayed there in February for a week. For the money it's a great place. There's 1 specialty restaurant that serves Jamaican fusion and 1 buffet. Food was good...lots of variety. Drinks are very good! Hotel is clean, staff are friendly. The location is perfect...just 5 minutes from the airport. You can walk to Margaritaville in 10-15 minutes straight down the strip. On Monday nights they provide free bus service there for everyone at the Decameron. The beach areas are a little small, but really not too bad...lots of lounges available when we were there. There are 2 pools, a quiet, smaller one and the larger sports pool with the swim-up bar. Shopping on the strip is good, but the locals will be after you to buy from them...nothing really scary though! Enjoy your vacation!!
angela

Thank you

Postby Tcoop » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Angela:

Thank you for the great info. I can't wait to go!!!

Oh are there any dress codes in the restaurants?
Tcoop

Royal Decameron

Postby angela » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:15 pm

Hi,
I don't think the dress code is too strict. My husband wore dress shorts and a collared sports shirt and sandals for most dinners. Women wore sun dresses, skirts etc. Hope that helps.
angela

Re: Royal Decameron

Postby ginger66 » Fri May 05, 2006 8:48 am

angela wrote:Hi,
Stayed there in February for a week. For the money it's a great place. There's 1 specialty restaurant that serves Jamaican fusion and 1 buffet. Food was good...lots of variety. Drinks are very good! Hotel is clean, staff are friendly. The location is perfect...just 5 minutes from the airport. You can walk to Margaritaville in 10-15 minutes straight down the strip. On Monday nights they provide free bus service there for everyone at the Decameron. The beach areas are a little small, but really not too bad...lots of lounges available when we were there. There are 2 pools, a quiet, smaller one and the larger sports pool with the swim-up bar. Shopping on the strip is good, but the locals will be after you to buy from them...nothing really scary though! Enjoy your vacation!!

I noticed you said you are staying at the Royal Decameron in Runaway bay. that is not 10 minutes from the airport and also is pretty far from Margaritaville. There is a Royal Decameron in Montego bay that is close to the airport and hip strip!
ginger66

Royal Decameron in RUNAWAY BAY

Postby Tcoop » Fri May 05, 2006 8:51 pm

Thanks!! Do you know what is close to this Royal Decameron??? And how far is it from the airport??

We leave in 17 DAYS!!! Can't wait!!
Tcoop

Re: Royal Decameron in RUNAWAY BAY

Postby ginger66 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Tcoop wrote:Thanks!! Do you know what is close to this Royal Decameron??? And how far is it from the airport??

We leave in 17 DAYS!!! Can't wait!!

Well I remember driving by on my way to Ocho Rios but can't recall how far. I am sure it is somewhere around 45 minutes. Ive only stayed at the Royal Decameron in Montego Bay. Not sure if there is anything real close. Probably have to go into Ocho.
ginger66

Royal Decameron

Postby jamon » Thu May 18, 2006 1:31 pm

I believe that you are approximately 1 1/2 hours from MB, depending on traffice with the construction of the new road. Ocho Rios approx 20 to 30 min away from Runaway Bay. You should be able to take tours from the resort. If you golf Breezes has a golf course near by.
jamon

Royal Decameron in RUNAWAY BAY

Postby Tcoop » Thu May 18, 2006 7:31 pm

Thanks!! We leave this Monday!!! Can't wait!!
Tcoop

Return to Jamaica Travel Forum