West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Couples Ocho Rios

Travel & news discussion about Jamaica

Couples Ocho Rios

Postby jamon » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:48 am

We stayed at COR from Dec 3 till 11, 2005.
Our only problem was flying Air Link to the resort, they kept stalling us because we were the only ones going to COR (actually Ocho Rios). People in the COR lounge got to the resort before us. So I will NEVER fly Air Link again and I am a frequent visitor to Jamaica already booked for April.
Can't say enough for the service in any of the restaurants or bars, unbelievable. Even bringing drinks to the beach, with the special drink of the day and if you didn't like it they would give you something else.
Very much satisfied with our room, I believe it was 228, we had coffee every morning sent to our room and always on time, one day it was two minutes late and he kept apologizing about it. Can't really say enough about the service from all areas of the resort, including the beach grill, Wendy always had a smile on her face, as all of the staff did.
Food at the Italian restaurant was awesome, (Courtney, our waiter was fantastic) broiled lobster one night was truely great. I love Jamaican cheese cake, which is my favorite, make sure you try it when you go.
The resort was near capacity and a couple of days the beach felt like we were sardines.
Also they need more activities during the day, where individual people can get involved with, as I remember from my past visits there, a lot more things were done. Some of the entertainment crew didn't talk to you or just passed you by, some were ok.
Talking to people who were on their first trip to COR, (they were originally booked to Mexico, but with the hurricane, they changed) they also stated the same thing. They needed more things to do on the beach. They didn't like having to go to the pier if they wanted to be topless. I had talked to three couples, first time visitors to COR, sort of an informal survey. I think the Mexican resorts are fancier but you can't beat good service and good food and plenty of good drinks.
jamon

Flying to your destination

Postby n8urist » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:26 pm

I hear the same complaints from people flying to Negril. It takes longer to fly the 15 minute trip than to take the 1 1/2 hour tour bus ride.
n8urist

Return to Jamaica Travel Forum