West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Cuba to Jamaica flight process

Travel & news discussion about Jamaica

Cuba to Jamaica flight process

Postby rockybear » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:17 am

Hello Karen and Anthony, oh... and anybody else that stumbles accross this forum.

I have a question regarding the customs and immigration process when arriving in Jamaica. I have a flight from Havana to Kingston via Montego Bay. But I have no intention of going to Kingston (I haven't heard many good things about it?. The airline is being awkward about me stopping in Montego Bay, even though it's a different plane and a different flight number.

When I arrive in Mo Bay from Cuba, will I collect my luggage and go through customs before going on to the Kingston flight? Or will my luggage be checked through to Kingston directly. Obviously what I want to do is grab my luggage in Mo Bay, and not get on the next flight to Kingston, walk out the Airport, and go to the beach.

Do you think this will be possible, or will I need to pay the $232 to have honour not to fly Mo Bay - Kingston? This is the ludicrous cost they want me to pay to not complete this leg - not bad for a $61 ticket!
rockybear

Postby jagirl » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:56 pm

You will have to clear immigration in Montego Bay. Whether your bags will be checked straight through is a question you will have to ask the airline.

I cannot see why the airline would have a problem with you stopping in Montego Bay.

Maybe you should consider booking a flight with another airline that flies to Montego Bay from Havana.
jagirl

Return to Jamaica Travel Forum