Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Falmouth Area

Travel & news discussion about Jamaica

Falmouth Area

Postby Rachael » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:37 am

Hello all,

I am considering returning to Jamaica in March for a week at the Trewlany Beach Resort. Can anyone tell me if there are things to do/see outside of the resort within walking distance? I stayed on the hip strip last time and loved that we could venture out everyday if we wanted to.
Rachael

trelawny

Postby BigJ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:18 pm

There is nothing in the immediate area of the Starfish Trelawny Resort. But it's a great place and reasonably priced. Been there three times and going back in April
BigJ

Postby Rachael » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:54 am

Anything within a short cab ride? How far is it by taxi to MoBay? Never stayed in this area and would love any info anyone could provide to me of things to see and do around the area.
Rachael

Rachael

Postby BigJ » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:49 pm

The ride to MoBay from Trelawny is around 45 minutes. I would suggest checking with the travel desk at the hotel for suggestions. Also, there are drivers that hang out at the front of the hotel near the street. Pick a place you want to see and hire the driver to take you there. A good one at the Starfish is Robert also known as "Pockets." You can bargain with him. He took us to Negril to see the area and visit the famous Rick's cafe with the cliff divers. I'm not big on tours, once I get to the resort I just want to chill. Especially at Starfish because everything is there and the beach is gorgeous, wide and long. You can walk for a mile or two toward the east. One tour I would recommend and you can arrange it at the tour desk is the Hilton Day Tour. Took it twice. It's a day trip to the mountains with a great lunch at a huge plantation in the mountains. They even have a trio playing during lunch. They also take you on a tour of a couple of the small towns and to a one room schoolhouse where you can sit in with the class. It's really fun and I highly recommend it. They pick you up around 9 in the morning and bring you back around 4:30.
BigJ
BigJ

Return to Jamaica Travel Forum