Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Help!! Small resort with an at home feel?

Travel & news discussion about Jamaica

Help!! Small resort with an at home feel?

Postby tequilagal » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:45 pm

Can't decide which resort. Charela Inn, Beach House Villas or Tree House. I like a larger beach area, friendly staff, clean rooms (don't need plush by no means) and good food available. Hubby NEEDS shade on the beach for his all day relaxation sessions. Any input from the experts or past travelers would be appreciated. Bring on the cocktails!!
tequilagal

Small Hotel

Postby travel.tripper » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:51 am

Hey there! I have never been to Negril, but am booked for CoCo LaPalm for this May. Hubby and I also wanted small, but nice, with beach and pool. I think CoCo will do it. (Hope so!) I thought I'd share w/ you what I learned -- I heard that Treehouse has a tiny beach. Charela is supposed to be their nice hotel, but I heard their rooms are a little rundown. Charela is close to CoCo, which is supposed to have the largest of the beach areas. Beach Villas are supposed to be cool, but not sure of the beach.

Good luck w/ your hunt!

--TripAdvisor is a good place for info -- but be careful posting. There are some really nasty people on that forum who seem to really enjoy attacking newbies.
travel.tripper

small hotel

Postby tpon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:16 pm

Idle awhile has 13 suites and is owned by the issa family who also own the couples resorts. right next to coco la palm. Great service, rooms are exactly like the pics on their website. only drawback is no pool. but it is beachfront. their beach size is great. we also are going to coco due to our group size. Idle didn't have enough rooms available. i would look at idle or coco. they are both in the middle of the 7 mile beach. great location to get to everything!
tpon

Postby stormy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:04 pm

Check out the Jamaica Inn, it has a great beach, great food and reminds us of a very good B&B.
stormy

Postby Robino » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:40 pm

I have also stayed a Co Co La Palm a few years back with my family. The nicer rooms are the 2nd floor with the high ceilings which gives it a larger feel. The staff is great but it is a simple resort. Tree House lost their beach years ago from erosion and the resort itself is pretty big. Cherela is almost next door to Co Co and may be a little nicer actually and has a fabulous resturant where Co Co's is just Ok. The beach house looks like a very nice piece of property and are much different than your other choices.I believe they are what their name implies, a whole "beach house" vs a one room hotel unit. The beach is great at CoCo's and cherla Inn. The water is like a bath tub. Enjoy
Robino

Return to Jamaica Travel Forum