West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Liat Airlines

Travel & news discussion about Puerto Rico

Liat Airlines

Postby jamesdalphonse » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:52 pm

Hello, we are flying on Liat Airlines in about two weeks. We will be flying from Syracuse, NY to San Juan, PR on US Air, spending one night in San Juan. The following day we are flying from San Juan to Port of Spain Trinidad on Liat, again an overnight in Trinidad. The following day flying from Port of Spain, Trinidad to Georgetown, Guyana, again on Liat. The return portion is the exact same itinerary. Anyways, my question is: How is Liat Airlines? I have heard several not so great stories about them, can anybody elaborate on this. Also, that they are frequently late, if so, does this airline accommodate the passenger, if necesary?
JAMES D
jamesdalphonse

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:03 pm

One of the running jokes about LIAT is that there name stand for "L"uggage "I"n "A"nother "T"erminal. Whether that his based on any factual evidence I don't know. I don't think I have ever flown them personally - maybe once - but they have been around a long time and still are. I wouldn't think their customer service is any worse than any other Caribbean entity -
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Re: Liat Airlines

Postby jamesdalphonse » Mon May 19, 2008 6:13 am

Hello, we are flying on Liat Airlines in about two weeks. We will be flying from Syracuse, NY to San Juan, PR on US Air, spending one night in San Juan. The following day we are flying from San Juan to Port of Spain Trinidad on Liat, again an overnight in Trinidad. The following day flying from Port of Spain, Trinidad to Georgetown, Guyana, again on Liat. The return portion is the exact same itinerary. Anyways, my question is: How is Liat Airlines? I have heard several not so great stories about them, can anybody elaborate on this. Also, that they are frequently late, if so, does this airline accommodate the passenger, if necesary?[/quote]
JAMES D
jamesdalphonse

Return to Puerto Rico Travel Forum