From aruba.com: "The United States Postal Service (USPS) has agreed to partner with the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) to make applying for a U.S. passport at CTO-organized events quick and convenient.
CTO has taken this necessary leadership role in approaching the USPS to establish a partnership to ensure that prospective Caribbean vacationers are not left stranded because they do not possess the required documentation to travel to paradise starting in January 2007.
The partnership helps to address the new U.S. regulation requiring all travelers entering or re-entering the United States starting December 31, 2006 to be in possession of a valid passport.
The USPS has been actively promoting their passport services around the country and will have application forms and a camera at the Caribbean Fair at the South Street Seaport on June 13, 2006 to give U.S. citizens seeking a U.S. passport the opportunity to do so without difficulty. Checks and money orders will be accepted on-site. The USPS will also promote their participation in these events to draw consumer attention as they alert prospective passport seekers to come and bring the relevant information needed to begin processing their passports.
Persons wishing to apply for a U.S. passport at the Caribbean Fair on June 13 will need the following:
- Completed Passport Application (NOT signed). Application forms can be downloaded from the USPS website http://usps.com/passport/ . Forms will also be available at all Caribbean Tourism Organization events.
- Evidence of Citizenship (original documents only)
- Current Photo Identification (Driverâ€™s License)
- Passport Fees (check or postal money order). Passport fees are paid to the U.S. Department of State. Execution fees are paid to the Postmaster of New York. Fees are as follows: Passport Fee ($67), Execution Fee ($30) and Photo Fee ($15). Prospective passport seekers can bring their own passport photos. Photos will be available at the event.
- Special Requirements for Children: Each minor must appear at the time of acceptance with parent(s). For a child under age 14, both parents must appear. Required documents include: evidence of a childâ€™s U.S. citizenship, evidence of relationship to both parents, and parental identification. If only one parent appears, they must also submit a notarized written statement from the second parent consenting to passport issuance for the child. Fees for children under age 16 are as follows: Passport Fee ($52), Execution Fee ($30) and Photo Fee ($15).
USPS retail associates will be at the Caribbean Fair on Tuesday, June 13 from 10 am â€“ 2 pm at Piers 16 and 17 of the historic South Street Seaport. The Caribbean Fair cultural extravaganza is one of many events taking place during CTOâ€™s annual Caribbean Week 2006 in New York City.
Consumers seeking to renew their passports can obtain postage at the Caribbean Fair to mail the completed application. The Renewal Fee is $67.
For information about applying for a passport, please contact the USPS Marketing Department at 212-330-3070. Visit the website at: http://usps.com/passport/ for downloadable forms or call 1-800-ASK-USPS. For information on other venues where this USPS service might be offered, please go to: http://www.CaribbeanWeekNY.com
Events scheduled June 10-17 as part of Caribbean Week 2006 in New York include:
- June 10, 11:00 am â€“ 6:30 pm - Celebrity Invitational Cricket Match at Idlewild Park, Queens
- June 10, 8:30 pm - The OECS Music Legends Concert & Cocktail Reception at Tribeca Performing Arts Center
- June 11, 4:30 â€“ 7:30 pm - Caribbean Gospelfest at Hanson Place United Methodist Church, Brooklyn
- June 12 â€“ 16 - Caribbean Celebrity Chefs (various locations)
- June 12, 6:30 â€“ 9:00 pm - Town Hall Meetings at Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn and St. Lukeâ€™s Episcopal Church, Bronx
- June 13, 9:00 am â€“ 7:00 pm - Caribbean Fair at South Street Seaport Piers 16 & 17, NYC
- June 13, 11:00 am and 3:00 pm - Do It Caribbean Weddings held at Caribbean Fair
- June 14, 8:00 am â€“ 12:00 noon - Caribbean Marketing Workshop and Industry Leaders Panel at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel
- June 14, 12:00 noon â€“ 1:30 pm - Awards Luncheon at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel
- June 14, 4:00 â€“ 7:30 pm - Media Marketplace, at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel
- June 16, 2:00 â€“ 3:00 pm - CTO Press Conference at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel
- June 16, 7:00 pm â€“ midnight - 33rd Annual Governments of the Caribbean State Ball at the Waldorf=Astoria Hotel, NYC
For additional information on Caribbean Week 2006, please contact CTOâ€™s New York Office directly at 212-635-9530 or visit http://www.CaribbeanWeekNY.com"