the West Indies
$12.95

Trip Report

Travel & news discussion about St. Kitts & Nevis

Trip Report

Postby liz pereira » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:03 pm

Author: SKBFAN1
Date: 12/27/2007, 03:58 pm
I cannot say enough great things about Timothy Beach Resort. If you like being near the beach and night life, having friendly staff greet you at the front desk, and a spacious clean room, then this is the place to be! www.timothybeachresort.com

Loved being able to walk home from The Shiggidy Shack and Ziggy's Beach Bar. Didn't have to pay for cabs. (Big plus)

Highly recommend The Shiggidy Shack for their delicious lobster and friendly staff. www.mrxshiggidyshack.com

Met friends there on Thursday night and Saturday for karaoke.

Ziggy's is THE place to be if you want to party until the wee hours of the morning. www.ziggysbeachbar.com

Rates are very reasonable compared to other resorts on the island.

My unit was 42A and it had a king bed, patio, sofa, diningroom, bathroom and full kitchen. Very spacious and clean. My bed was comfortable and I had lots of hot water. Perfect for long stays. The resort is not new like the Marriott, but it was still very comfortable. (I'm not a fussy person)

My airconditioner worked well (no moister or mold) and it was not noisy.

Having a kitchen is a nice edition so you can buy groceries and enjoy breakfast in your room.

Safes and internet use is available at the front desk.

Enjoyed breakfast one morning at the Sunset Cafe. Friendly and reasonably fast service.

I've read people complain about the noise from the beach bars. With the patio doors closed and the airconditioning on, you can only hear the faint sound of the bass drum from the speakers at Ziggy's. Definitely did not keep me awake at night.

In the morning you will see goats and monkeys playing in the back of the hotel.

No complaints at this resort.

Gingerhouse Restaurant is in a lovely house surrounded by tropical trees and flowers and is an excellent choice for dinner. The owners, Wendy and her sister, are gracious host. Fast service and delicious food.

Enjoyed spending day at the new Reggae Beach Bar on beautiful Cockleshell Beach.

Loved their mango coladas and had a delicious pasta salad. Staff are friendly and they greet you as you get out of your car. They have a gift shop, snorkel rentals and they provide a water taxi to Nevis and also do fishing charters.

Went on Blue Water Safaris catamaran, the Irie Lime. www.bluewatersafaris.com

Great way to spend the day. Cracker and his crew makes sure you have a good time. Stopped between St. Kitts and Nevis to snorkel, and enjoyed a delicious meal onboard. They dropped us off on beautiful Pinney's Beach and had a few drinks at Chevy's Beach Bar in Nevis. Met owners Chevy and Amelia who are gracious hosts. Great place to lime!

One week is not enough time in St. Kitts, and can't wait to go back!!! As soon as I get my pictures on the computer, I'll post a link to them.
liz pereira

December 2007 Photos

Postby liz pereira » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:59 pm

liz pereira

Return to St. Kitts and Nevis Travel Forum