Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Curious why no one post here except KarenS?

Travel & news discussion about St. Lucia

Curious why no one post here except KarenS?

Postby CarolinaGirl » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:54 pm

I am planning a trip to St. Lucia and came here to get info and expertise...however, it appears no one post and it is only filled with news by KarenS. No offense but I don't get it. I currently log on to the St. John forum and it is totally different as well as a BVI forum I frequent. I did search the archives for the old forum and found it filled with more useful information.

What gives?
CarolinaGirl

Postby MShell » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:18 am

I raised the same query a while back (See 'What has happened to this forum?')
I rarely visit this site now as I thinks it's very boring compared to the lively site it used to be.
I visit the St Lucia Star website if I want to read the news.
I find that the TA St Lucia forum is much better, it's just a shame that there is no real alternative to it any more.
I always stay at Club St Lucia as we have children and it works for us, but we have been to St Lucia 5 times so if you have any general questions about St Lucia that you want answered personally, please feel free to email me at woodmichelle@hotmail.com
MShell

Postby thebeadguy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:02 pm

This site is a starting point, you can move on to trip advisor, the travel talk on line once you have a basic idea of what you are interested in. There are also the
specific forums for only St Lucia, etc.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kagjjg
thebeadguy

Postby KarenS » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:19 am

It is indeed a strange turn of events that the forum has become so still. Anthony has asked me to post news articles simply to keep the traveler up on the latest local happenings. Kind of a forum bonus. We've received both positive and negative views on this. Why the forum has become so quiet is a mystery. Is it the fact that folks have to spend energy on registering? Registration was made necessary by an over abundance of spammers.
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby MShell » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:33 am

I don't think it's a strange turn of events at all, no offence, but KarenS's posts are boring! I am sure we are all quite capable of finding the St Lucia news online ourselves.
Just take a look at how many people actually view them against anyone else's posts.
It's no wonder the board has gone downhill, it's neither a mystery nor the fact that people have to register (which you have to do on almost every other site and that doesn't seem to stop anyone) it's the fact that the board is just not what it used to be.
As for receiving positive and negative feedback, I am not questioning this, but it seems that the people who are positive about the endless news items haven't actually managed to post their positive views on the boards. I have only read negative ones.
MShell

Return to St. Lucia Travel Forum