West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Jazz Fest 2007

Travel & news discussion about St. Lucia

Jazz Fest 2007

Postby Reecie_40 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:14 pm

My girlfriends and I are planning to go to the St Lucia Jazz Fest next year. There are so many locations for the different venues. And I am not familiar at all with St Lucia. Where would be a good place to stay to be in the middle of it all? So far I have chekced our Coconut Bay and Almond Morgan Bay. If you have any other advice on the Fest please let me know??
Reecie_40

Postby MShell » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:34 am

This is a good site for further info
http://stluciajazz.org/jazz_events/venue_map.asp

It seems that the venues are Pigeon Island, Rodney Bay and The Great House which are all in the North of the island so forget Coconut Bay as it's in the south and about a 90 minute drive away.
Club St Lucia would be the closest to all 3 venues, the Derek Walcott Theatre (Great House) is actually in the grounds of the hotel. It's going to be closed for refurbishment from 21st October until the beginning of February, so May would be a nice time to visit. It's a very big family orientated resort, but if you prefer adults only, try LeSport (Body Holiday) which is also very close. Rodney Bay is about 10 minutes away and there are some lovely guesthouses there too, I am not entirely sure where Almond Morgan Bay is, but it is in the north of the island.
MShell

Return to St. Lucia Travel Forum