St. Lucia opinions needed please
I am planning our June vacation (really decided on an island). I have always wanted to go to St. Lucia, but never have. I think the scenery intrigues me, but the popularity of the island keeps me away. So, I am trying to figure out whether or not to visit. If I go, I know for sure I will be staying at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort (new) on Reduit Beach. Would love to stay somewhere further south, but due to other travelers in the party this would be best location. I am wondering where on Reduit Beach this resort is-what other hotels is it in between or is if further away from the Rex resorts? I am somewhat familiar with this area after years of reading about St. Lucia. Also, how about the golf course-worth it or not? I know the new under construction Greg Norman course will not be ready, but it looks spectacular from the construction website. I plan on doing a cat sail to Soufriere/Marigot, zip line rainforest, helicopter tour, and a sailboat trip to Martinique (not the crowded cat trip). Has anyone done any of these and can offer advice?
When choosing an island, I like one with good/great beaches, beautiful scenery (for photos), non-Americanized local feel, friendliness and most importantly lack of tourists which I think St. Lucia will fail me in the department. I have been to many islands (here are some and what I liked/didn't like) can anyone compare where I have been and St. Lucia.
1. Grenada-beautiful beaches/scenery,true island feel, friendly-negative beach vendors
2. Anguilla-spectacular beaches, friendly, true island feel-negative-ugly island (dry scrubby)
3. Provo-best beach in Caribbean negative, no true island feel too much concrete construction going on ruining an ugly dry scrubby island, too Americanized
4. St. Kitt/Nevis-good beaches, spectacular scenery, true island feel, friendly-no negative
5. St. Vincent-beautiful scenery, friendly-no good beaches, true island feel, quiet
6. Grenadines-beautiful scenery, laid back true island feel, friendly, quiet
ANy input/opinions will be greatly appreciated. I think if I can ignore too many people issue I may enjoy what St. Lucia has to offer. June will be the off season I hope!