West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Hurricane Dean

Travel & news discussion about St. Lucia

Hurricane Dean

Postby kimneilson » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:40 am

Anybody have anything to say on this? I'm not real familiar with Hurricanes living in Chicago, but we leave for St. Lucia August 29th staying at the Windjammer Landing. Just wondering how concerned we should be about this. Also changing planes in Miami.
kimneilson

Postby OttawaBob » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:16 am

If you go to Weather down the left had side, you can access the Hurricane Blog. It appears to have the lastest public advisory. From what I have read/seen, Dean should be past St. Lucia by Friday afternoon/evening.

I would be interested in hearing about Windjammer Landing and your trip when you get back because I am thinking about going to St. Lucia this year.

Bob.
OttawaBob

Postby Anthony » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:36 pm

Looks like it may be close to St. Lucia - but not a direct hit. We are monitoring it as close as we can and we'll post anything we find once the storms passes, which will be soon. If Dean doesn't do any major damage by the 29th things should be fine, unless another storm comes along!
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby kimneilson » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks Anthony!
kimneilson

Return to St. Lucia Travel Forum