West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

some questions about St Lucia

Travel & news discussion about St. Lucia

some questions about St Lucia

Postby Rob B » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 am

Hi we are going to StLucia in November to get married at Sadals Grande and have a few Island reated questions if anybody can help?
1)Anybody know any cheap hire care rates below $60 per day inc CDW? So far Drive-a-matic seem the cheapest. Anybody got any experience?
2)Are there any bars that show English football(soccer) on a Saturday morning as I doubt anywhere in Sandals will? Any sports bars in Castries?
3) Do UK mobile phones work on the island, as they do not when I last went to Barbados. Any diffrent in St Lucia.
4) Heard St Lucia helicopters have to be booked by phone as they never answer emails, is this still the case? Anybody had secess by email.

Thanks for any help, we get married 8 months today and counting!

Rob
Rob B

Re Mobile Phones

Postby stluciafriend » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:40 am

I have 2 mobile phones, 1 on the Orange network and 1 on Vodafone. On arrival in St Lucia both of my phones picked up a local network but I was unable to send or receive calls or text messages on either phone. I had to go into 'network settings' and do a manual search and try each network to find one that I could use to make calls etc. No problems then.
stluciafriend

Re: some questions about St Lucia

Postby Jacquie » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:21 am

Rob B wrote:Hi we are going to StLucia in November to get married at Sadals Grande and have a few Island reated questions if anybody can help?
1)Anybody know any cheap hire care rates below $60 per day inc CDW? So far Drive-a-matic seem the cheapest. Anybody got any experience?
2)Are there any bars that show English football(soccer) on a Saturday morning as I doubt anywhere in Sandals will? Any sports bars in Castries?
3) Do UK mobile phones work on the island, as they do not when I last went to Barbados. Any diffrent in St Lucia.
4) Heard St Lucia helicopters have to be booked by phone as they never answer emails, is this still the case? Anybody had secess by email.

Rob

Rob , there is a sports bar in Rodney Bay which is closer than Castries town to where your staying, they do all the sports coverages on big screens there, Ill try and remember the name and get back to you, its about 2 min from the Lime Bar which everyone knows
Jacquie

Re: some questions about St Lucia

Postby Jacquie » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:25 am

Rob B wrote:Hi we are going to StLucia in November to get married at Sadals Grande and have a few Island reated questions if anybody can help?

Rob

Rob, sorry Im from the UK I have T Mobile contract phone and it worked fine every time I was in St Lucia, I pre arranged it with T Mobile before I left the UK ONCE I reached the airport in St LUCIA I switched it on and it was fine all through my holiday. Dont forget to bring your charger and adaptor though
Jacquie

Return to St. Lucia Travel Forum