Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Lobster Shack or Lobster Pot?

Travel & news discussion about Antigua & Barbuda

Moderator: eli

Lobster Shack or Lobster Pot?

Postby ChrisA » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:47 am

Sure could use some help please. I've seen posts with good reviews on the Lobster Pot and the Lobster Shack. Are they the same restaurant or two different places? Also, any recommendation for one or the other if they are indeed two places? Anyone know where it (or they) are located? :) Thanks in advance for your replies!
ChrisA

Postby eli » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:09 am

was called lobster pot now shack and haven't been there. don't know anyone who has. its located near julians which is on runaway bay.
eli

Postby ChrisA » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:56 am

Thanks very much for the reply Eli.
ChrisA

lobster pot

Postby rick and sandy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:34 pm

very strange goings on at that place, we use to really enjoy going there about 8 years ago, then it shut down for a while, last dec. when we were there we thought we would try it again because we heard it had new owners, when we went in and the place was totally empty except 1 waitress we saw, we went ahead and sat down and ordered a drink but we just didn't care for the whole feeling we were getting from the place so we just paid our bill and left, the next day we were over at putters talking to colin and he was telling us some crazy stuff about the owner chasing people off the beach in front of the lobster pot, and was telling us about all this barbed wire he had put around the place(which we did see later that day) i don't know what to tell you except we didn't care much about it and are in no hurry to go back there, but maybe we just caught it on a bad night, i don't really want to slam the place, just giving an honest account of our experience, good luck,
rick and sandy

Postby ChrisA » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:35 am

Thanks Rick & Sandy. Appreciate the info! If there are any restaurants that you especially enjoyed, please let me know. Leaving on 4/12 and can't wait!
ChrisA

lobster pot

Postby rick and sandy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:51 pm

we ended up at the bayhouse restraunt for our lobster dinner, it's just above and overlooks dickerson bay, it was excellent, highly recommend it, the food and service was great, ended up eating there twice, i'm jealous, your going to my favorite place on my birthday, enjoy
rick and sandy

Postby mymoosie » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:12 pm

We stayed in one of the villas around there near that restaurant a couple of years ago and that owner is indeed a character to say the least. Very hostile. Don't know how he manages to run a restaurant business. I'm sad to hear he's put barbed wire?! Sheesh.
mymoosie

Return to Antigua & Barbuda Travel Forum