Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Dove Cove Hotel

Travel & news discussion about Antigua & Barbuda

Moderator: eli

Dove Cove Hotel

Postby mgh56 » Tue May 02, 2006 8:32 am

I would appreciate any reviews of the Dove Cove Hotel.
mgh56

Reply for Dove Cove Hotel

Postby j-tyrh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:38 pm

I stayed at the Dove Cove Hotel for a week in June. I found the apartment and the grounds very nice although the location is a little remote. If you¬īre not planning on hiring a car be prepared to call for a taxi whenever you want to go somewhere. There are several lovely beaches withing minutes walk and the Woods Centre is also close for shopping groceries and other things. The Food Court at the centre has a great take out menu and they even deliver free of charge. Great Chinese food and pizzas among others.
The hotel has a small pool in the garden surrounding the apartments and all the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Apartments are spacious with a small kitchen fully equipped for cooking. There are furniture outside on the patio so you can sit and enjoy the view. It is a great place to relax and unwind but if you are travlling alone you might not find it very social as most of the guests seem to be renting long term as they are on the island for work. If you want to go out for dinner or meet people it is only a short drive away by taxi.
j-tyrh

Return to Antigua & Barbuda Travel Forum