Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Best Beach

Travel & news discussion about Antigua & Barbuda

Moderator: eli

Best Beach

Postby tazman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:15 am

This will be our 1st visit to Antigua while on a cruise in 12/06. We are looking for a beach where we could rent chairs/umbrella, good swimming in beautiful water, place to grab a burger, etc. You know, the perfect beach.
tazman

Postby KarenS » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:11 am

If you're on a cruise you may be at the mercy of your cruiseship as to where they'll deliver you? With 365 beaches on Antigua, this is a hard call. My husband and I stayed at Dickenson Bay which was absolutely beautiful and had several places to catch a delicious bite. We also rented a car to investigate the island and had a perfect moment at a beach near Jolley Harbour. (Don't know if you'll have time to do this?) A quick swim and then a passing cloud burst that brought an exquisite rainbow. I have to say though, that if you rent a car, bring a good map and beware the mountain roads unless you rent 4 wheel drive. They tend to get washed out and not quickly repaired.

Have a great time! It's all beautiful!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Return to Antigua & Barbuda Travel Forum