Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Snorkel trip to Cades Reef?

Travel & news discussion about Antigua & Barbuda

Moderator: eli

Snorkel trip to Cades Reef?

Postby ChrisA » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi everyone! Just made reservations for April and was wondering if there were any snorkel trips to Cades Reef that are recommended. Will be doing one all-day tour around the island but this sure looks like a spot worth spending a few hours at. Any advice is appreciated!
ChrisA

Postby eli » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:20 pm

i would reccomend a trip with Creole Cruises out of Jolly Harbour. i think they do a 1/2 day trip there. You will find their info pretty easy once you get here.
eli

cades reef

Postby Donna G » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:19 am

I think I've been on Treasure Island's "Caribbean Queen" about 16+ times. It's a catamaran that holds about 50 people. It's not usually full but I've been on when it was and again with only 6 of us on board. It starts from Jolly Harbour sailing up island as far as Blue Waters to pick people up and then sails back to Cades reef where they drop anchor. This way you get to see other resorts and points of interest along the way. Snorkelling equipment is provided but if you have your own take it to ensure getting a proper fit. Lunch will be served on shore, probably at Ffrys Beach with a live steel band. Dancing and entertainment on board as you sail. One of my favourite days.
Enjoy Donna
Donna G

Postby ChrisA » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:46 am

Thanks very much for the replies! Can't wait to go.
ChrisA

Return to Antigua & Barbuda Travel Forum