Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Dining suggestions?

Travel & news discussion about Antigua & Barbuda

Moderator: eli

Dining suggestions?

Postby ChrisA » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Looking for advice on restaurants while we're there. We love seafood (especially lobster). Also, I crave excellent Italian and wonder how some of the places in Antigua measure up. We have 7 nights to plan for and here's the short list. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Home,HQ,Harmony Hall, Abracadabra, Jimmy's, OJ's, Coconut Grove, The Inn, The Beach and Caribbean Taste.
ChrisA

Postby eli » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:14 pm

italians who come on my boat say that it's hard to beat harmony hall. and coconut grove does an excellent lobster.
eli

www.foodanddrink-caribbean.com

Postby JC » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:30 am

Check out this website that lists all the restaurants & bars in Antigua with a review of each one and a useful database to search. Harmony Hall is a must do experience. Also Home restaurant serves fab Caribbean cuisine with a massive menu. If you get the chance go over to The Beach House in Barbuda for excellent Lobster. Happy Holidays
JC

Postby Fiestygrl » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:35 pm

I tried the url suggested and it came up with a searchable list, but when I set the search criteria to the St'John's center, it only came up with 3 suggestions. Is this directory something restaurants must pay to have their name in, or is there still additions needed to bring up more restaurant names?
Jan
Fiestygrl

Postby JC » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:52 pm

Hiya strange, I get a whole list of restaurants when I use St. John's Centre as a search criteria. It is very new but there are around 100 restaurants listed. The guide is a publication which is available on island in Antigua which restaurants pay to go into, but the online guide is part of the service.
JC

Re: www.foodanddrink-caribbean.com

Postby Fiestygrl » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:59 pm

Ya very strange! I did a new search when I got home and got more hits, but certainly not anywhere near 100. I am not seeing places like Hemingway's or Banana's in the list though. Both of which were recommended to me by people on another forum.
Jan
JC wrote:Hiya strange, I get a whole list of restaurants when I use St. John's Centre as a search criteria. It is very new but there are around 100 restaurants listed. The guide is a publication which is available on island in Antigua which restaurants pay to go into, but the online guide is part of the service.
Fiestygrl

Postby JC » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:11 pm

Both Big Banana (Pizzas in Paradise) restaurants and The Beach are both listed, but Hemmingways isn't. Try just submiting a full search with no criteria that way you'll get the full listing.
JC

Re: www.foodanddrink-caribbean.com

Postby Fiestygrl » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:57 pm

Thanks for checking on the Banana restaurant. I appreciate the url, and will print out some of the restaurant information to bring with me!
Jan
JC wrote:Both Big Banana (Pizzas in Paradise) restaurants and The Beach are both listed, but Hemmingways isn't. Try just submiting a full search with no criteria that way you'll get the full listing.
Fiestygrl

Return to Antigua & Barbuda Travel Forum