the West Indies
$12.95

Thanks for a new site!

Travel & news discussion about Antigua & Barbuda

Moderator: eli

Thanks for a new site!

Postby Tanya » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:49 am

Hi Anthony,

Looking forward to news and current events about Antigua! We purchased a timeshare at St.James Club last year, and so we look forward to returning to Antigua many more times! We're always looking for incite on local issues and the culture, as well as updates on what's new to do when we visit.Thanks for your efforts in adminstering the site.

Peace,
Tanya
Tanya

Postby mun » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:29 pm

Hi
Which weeks to you go to St James's Club? I am always interested in the different impressions people have when they visit an island at a particular time of year.
mun

Antigua Visit 2006

Postby Tanya » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Hi Mun,
We have weeks 2 & 3 at SJC this year. (Jan 13-27). This will make my 4th trip to Antigua. My first time was in January; 2nd & 3rd were later, February and April. My sense is that January was the most beautiful as far as the greenery and flowers were concerned, but it may have been the initial high of being in such a beautiful place, I'm really not sure. I'll know better after this trip. What I do know for sure is that I'm so excited I can hardly keep my mind on the holidays.

We purchased timeshare at SJC when we were there last year, so this will be our first time actually staying at SJC. We purchased in one of their new 1 bedroom villas; (very private) but alas, they are behind schedule and not built yet. Instead, they're giving us a 2 bedroom in a "not so private" neighborhood. I guess its better than staying home in the snow, though.

Might I ask if you are from Antigua or have you visited there before? I'm looking for some advice on how to go fishing, without spending a fortune....deep sea not necessary. On our first visit in 03, one of the natives took us fishing in a small boat at English Harbor.....I loved it!

Hope this site draws lots and lots of chatter very soon!
Tanya

Return to Antigua & Barbuda Travel Forum