Hurricane Season Good Time to Travel

Travel & news discussion about this half French, half Dutch island

Moderator: Tedly

Hurricane Season Good Time to Travel

Postby KarenS » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:03 am

Hurricanes kick up travel savings
By Suzanne Plank
LONELY PLANET
The backdrop picture on my iBook desktop is a Caribbean dreamscape: plush talcum beach, deep azure sky, intense turquoise sea, shady palm arching into the frame just so .... I snapped this shot from my hammock on the beach in Tulum, Mexico, last year. It was midday in mid-October in the middle of the worst hurricane season on record.

Between storms -- even in the worst years -- hurricane season in the tropics can be strung with sparkling sun-studded days. Though most travelers will choose to stay out of hurricane season's capricious -- and potentially dangerous -- way, others might want to risk the threat of inclement weather for the benefit of the affordable, crowd-free vacations that are available this time of year.

For the entire article go
<a href="http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/states/california/14899620.htm">here</a>
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby Frankie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:29 pm

Karen,
Thanks for this post and all the others with some off the beaten path info. Thanks for your thoughtful
effort and time in posting for all of us to share!!!!
Bravo,
Frankie
Frankie

Postby KarenS » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:51 pm

You are MOST welcome! Please feel free to add anything to the forum if you should be in St. Martin/Maarten...like favorite restaurants...places to go...things to do...
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Return to St. Martin - St. Maarten Travel Forum