Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Jump in and ask a travel question

Travel & news discussion about this half French, half Dutch island

Moderator: Tedly

Jump in and ask a travel question

Postby Anthony » Fri May 09, 2008 8:27 am

Come on folks - we know you are out there. Ask away, there are a lot of people waiting here to help.
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Hello Anthony...

Postby Bobcat » Sun May 11, 2008 7:15 am

Hi Anthony - How are you? Doing the hotdog thing this year on the Jersey shore or have you finally "retired" to one of the islands in the sun?

I can't understand why the postings have dropped off the charts except to say that it seems to me it all started, or should I say ended, about the time you changed formats.

Maybe you should return to the old format or modify the new one a bit? I don't know.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.

Ciao

bc
Bobcat

Postby Anthony » Sun May 11, 2008 7:24 am

Hey Bob - good to hear from you. I retired from that (the hot dog selling) several years ago. We are not living on an island anymore, but a large peninsula - Italy.

About the format - registration is a must have nowadays - and that old system did not support it. The old forum is actually not even functional anymore since our last server upgrade, so I am glad I switched when I did. I think it was more the timing being a coincidence of the rise of other sites, especially TripAdvisor, getting into the forum business. We had a lot of people register at first and there was still some usage, but it has really slowed down the last year or so.

I am hoping that people may trickle back to us as a non-corporate alternative in the future. We have a lot of plans for the site. We'll see!

Ciao,
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Return to St. Martin - St. Maarten Travel Forum