Travel & news discussion about this half French, half Dutch island
My wife and I will be on the island January 3rd. We're arriving from St. John where we'll have spent 4 days in snorkel gear :D . I'd like to plan a nice memorable day/night for her birthday and would appreciate any suggestions for the following (all within 1/2 hour taxi/shuttle to SXM):
- laid back/secluded/swimable beach sans hawkers/gawkers
- an authentic West Indian restaurant experience
- an elegant, yet reasonably-priced hotel room nearby.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:22 am
- Location: Portland, OR
So many choices - how about Les Boucaniers, a French/Creole restaurant on the beach, should not be crowded and you can kick off your shoes and wiggle your toes in the sand.
Right across the street is Le Flamboyant Hotel.
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:35 am
- Location: The Big Apple
Return to St. Martin - St. Maarten Travel Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests