West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Free Education in Trinidad & Tobago

Travel & news discussion about Trinidad & Tobago

Free Education in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby KarenS » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:05 pm

In order to foster development in the twin island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (T&T), the government has proposed extending a helping hand to undergraduate students. The plan includes a, ‚Äúfull tuition subsidy at the undergraduate level to all students enrolled in state funded institutions.‚ÄĚ

The ‚Äėcost‚Äô of acquiring a degree at the government‚Äôs expense comes in the form of graduates paying their dues to Trinbagonian society. The government has proposed that graduates work in Trinidad and Tobago for one to three years following graduation, with the time span dependent on the tuition costs (the higher the tuition, the more time spent working in T&T). Jobs can be obtained in the private or public sector. Officials hope the agreement will facilitate continued economic growth and higher productivity across the two-island Nation.

For the full article go <a href="http://www.aacrao.org/transcript/index.cfm?fuseaction=show_view&doc_id=3261">here</a>

I wonder if you have to be a citizen of Trinidad/Tobago?
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby goalkp04 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:04 pm

I was wondering if you ever found out if it just applies to citizens.
goalkp04

Postby KarenS » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:18 am

No answer yet...I will inquire again!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Return to Trinidad & Tobago Travel Forum