the West Indies
$12.95

Spring Break

Travel & news discussion about the Turks & Caicos

Spring Break

Postby grace » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:52 pm

Hi,

Anyone know when spring break will start on Provo? Will be in Provo from
March 3-11-2006. Would like to avoid the crowds. Is this an issue on Provo?
Should we make reservations at Restaurants this time of year?

Thanks for any information. I appreciate the help.
grace

Postby ajax » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:38 pm

Crowds won't be a problem on Provo in March. Alot of colleges and boarding schools are on a break, but it is really not a college destination, like Mexico, Florida, or Aruba. When I was there last March, there were some teenagers (boarding school) with their families. Depends on where you are staying, Club Med might have more college age kids. Beaches will have young families. I was at The Sands with my 16 year old daughter and her friend. The Sands was about 75% full. The beach is long and there is generally room for all.
________
og kush marijuana strain
Last edited by ajax on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajax

Postby grace » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:09 pm

Thanks Ajax.

Just the kind of info i was looking for. Are reservations to restaurants needed?
Like Hemmingways, Tiki Hut etc?

Thanks again...
grace

Postby ajax » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:39 pm

I made reservations each morning for that night's dinner. We did not find it necessary to make them more in advance than that.
________
how to make a vaporizer
Last edited by ajax on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajax

Postby ajax » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:41 pm

Forgot to ask, where are you staying and do you have kids with you?
________
vaporizer reviews
ajax

Postby grace » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:17 pm

Hello Ajax,

Just the 2 of us. Husband and me. We are staying at the Sibonne for the 8 nights. We reserved the 2nd floor oceanview room. This is our first time to TCI. I hear good things about the beach and water and that is what we are going for. We have 11 weeks to go......Can't wait....It's been cold here already and tonight we are getting snow and freezing rain.

Thanks for your help in answering my questions.
grace

Postby ajax » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:15 am

Grace, Have a great time. Sibbone is nice, on a great piece of beach. Their resturant, Bay Bistro is really good. You can walk to many other resturants from there, as well. Be sure to write a trip report when you return. Have fun!
________
vapolution
ajax

Postby grace » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:12 pm

Hello Ajax,

Glad to hear Sibonne has a good restaurant. Sometimes we get lazy from all that sun and water and like to just go down stairs for dinner. We LOVE to snorkel and we are so ready to spend lots of time in the water. Hope the water is not to cold. I don't care I'll just put a tshirt on and go for it.

Looking forward to having fun. It's my husband's birthday we are celebrating and plan to do somes boat excursions too. Plan to rent a jeep for 4/5 days.
The planning gets me so ready for a trip.

Thanks again for your help.
grace

Postby ajax » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:22 am

Grace, I will be around that time, as well. I am staying at The Sands, right next door, with two of my children. My husband is staying home with my youngest, who has a different school vacation. I will look for two very happy people on the beach celebrating a birthday! (only kidding, i won't disturb you.) Have fun!
________
Daihatsu Bee history
ajax

Postby grace » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:50 am

Ajax,

Are you kidding, I would love to meet you and your children. We have lots of grandchildren and we always have fun with them. The youngest is 6 and the oldest 24.

What are your dates?

We plan to check out the Sands especially Hemmingways.

What a nice husband, to stay home with baby while you take the other 2 on vacation.

Where are you from? We live in New York. About 25 miles north of NYC.

Let me know your dates and we will hook up.

Grace
grace

Postby ajax » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:07 pm

My husband is a doll. He will stay home with my 12 year old, and I will be with my 17 and 16 year old. Dates are still up in the air, but it will be in the beginning of March. The Sands seems to be quite full, reservations will get back to me. Hemmingways is very good, and reasonable. You will love Provo!
________
buy vapor tower
ajax

Return to Turks & Caicos Travel Forum