West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Trade Winds Condotel ?

Travel & news discussion about the Turks & Caicos

Trade Winds Condotel ?

Postby July 2006 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:06 pm

We're in Provo in late July for 6 days before going on a charter out of Nassau. The Trade Winds seemed like a good economy choice. It's not too late to change our minds if anyone has an opinion? Also, where to go snorkeling, diving for a new diver and especially which group to use would be great information. Do we need a car? Thanks!
July 2006

TradeWinds

Postby Kathy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:38 am

Hi, we stayed at Tradewinds two years ago. It was a really nice place. The Comfort Suites is probably more economical, but definitely different from Tradewinds. Do you need a car? It depends on how much of the island you want to see. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance, the beach is probably a 3 minute walk. Dive Provo is at the Ports of Call shopping area, about a 5-7 minute walk up the street. My kids & husband snorkel, they've been to Smith's Reef (liked it), Coral Gardens (OK), under the pier where the old Allegro used to be (liked it). Coral Gardens is recommended for snorkeling, but is roped off because of fire coral, so you can only go around it. They did see some turtles, barracuda, etc, but thought it was over-rated. We've been to Provo 6 times and really enjoy it. Sail Provo does some nice sunset cruises. We went on the Middle Caicos Cave tour with the kids and had a great time. Of course, as I always say, you have to make your own fun. And we usually do. There is a lot of construction going on in Provo right now, I'm not sure how much down by the Tradewinds, but it's all over. I hope you enjoy your trip, wherever you stay and please post a trip report when you get back.
Kathy

Postby July 2006 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:03 am

Thanks very much. Our 17 year old will be scuba diving for the first time (getting his ocean class done here in Monterey-brrrr) so half of us will be snorkeling and half scuba. The Cave trip does sound awesome and I'm looking at J & B. 3 minute walk to the beach sounds fine! Thanks again.
July 2006

Postby steph » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:32 pm

Hi,

The local dive shop that I deal with in my area (I am a new diver, too) have people that they highly recommend for diving on Provo. I trust these dive masters with my life, and they have only great things to say about the new diver's experience with Caicos Adventures (http://www.caicosadventures.com/).

Have fun!
steph
steph

Return to Turks & Caicos Travel Forum