Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Seeking house rental reviews, including Villa Wauwinet Too

Travel & news discussion about the Turks & Caicos

Seeking house rental reviews, including Villa Wauwinet Too

Postby Southside » Mon May 01, 2006 11:34 am

Hi,

We are a group of three couples (no kids) looking to rent a house in Turks and Caicos next year, possibly in March or early April. We'd prefer to spend $700 per night or less, but can be flexible. Other preferences are sunset views, all three bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, a pool, and easy access to a nice beach. We've been to the Caribbean before (most recently Virgin Gorda) but not to Turks and Caicos.

So far, based on a bit of web searching, we are particularly interested in Villa Wauwinet Too. Has anyone stayed there? If so, we'd appreciate any comments re the quality of bedrooms and bathrooms, how quiet it is, etc.

Also, is Taylor Bay Beach as uncrowded, beautiful and swimmable as it looks in pictures? Finally, we'd probably eat at the house most of time, but are still interested in knowing how far Ocean Point is from good restaurants in terms of driving time.

Thanks for any info and advice!
Southside

Postby joebwan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:52 pm

We have stayed at The Cottage on Oceanpoint twice and love that area. Taylor Bay has great sunsets and the beach is almost always empty. It is nicer than any pictures I have seen. The villa you are talking about looks nice, but I have not seen the inside. I have been into two other properties owned/managed by Oceanpoint, and they are all first rate.

It is about a 20 minute drive to condo row on Grace Beach for restaurants.

Hope you enjoy your stay.
joebwan

Return to Turks & Caicos Travel Forum