West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Life in Provo

Travel & news discussion about the Turks & Caicos

Life in Provo

Postby sophie » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:39 pm

I'm thinking of moving to Provo. I have done lots of reading about the Island, but it would be good to hear from someone who actually lives there, about what life is like on Provo. Are there many expats and young people? What is the social scene like? Is there lots to do? Is it easy to make friends?

Also, what sort of income does one need to live comfortably?

Many thanks.
sophie

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:44 pm

Sophie I have never been to Provo but know people who have - it is a small island, and I have lived on a small island. There is probably not a lot to do, if you mean movies, museums, culture, etc. - there is the beach, water sports, reading, and things like that. I think meeting people will probably be easy - islands tend to be friendly places, you can get to know all the locals, and the tourists are usually dying to talk to the locals (which would include you) too.
Definitely don't move to an island without a visit first! That is long standing advice on some of our other forums. And in general islands can be expensive as food, fuel, etc. all cost more because of transport and market size.
I hope someone from the T&C answers you so we can get their perspective.
Good luck -
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Return to Turks & Caicos Travel Forum