West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Which one of these is best?

Travel & news discussion about the Turks & Caicos

Which one of these is best?

Postby Traveler » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:15 pm

Am looking into going to T&C in July and am deciding between these resorts.. would like to know which one is the most luxurious.

We are looking for:
Luxurious Accomodations
Great Beach
Great Service

our choices:
Turks and Caicos Club
Coral Gardens
Palms
Point Grace

Thanks
Traveler

Postby Howard » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:44 pm

The Palms--Although we prefer Coral Gardens and have stayed there 16 times
Howard

Where to stay...

Postby Sunny Sunshine » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:51 pm

Try Point Grace or the Turks & Caicos Club both nice small resorts. Major service issues at the Palms and expensive, and Coral Gardens just condos whose focus now is on Panama from their website.
Sunny Sunshine

One more option...

Postby Traveler » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:34 pm

I think that I have taken out Coral Gardens and The Palms (due to service issues)

Between Point Grace and Turks and Caicos Club which one would you think is better?
I know that it really depends on the person etc...
We are looking for a place that is really beautiful ie great views, great beach and service. I definitely want to have beach service with loungers umbrellas etc on the beach.
But I would also like a place that we can go out in the evenings and get a drink at the bar -nothing wild but just nice dinner and restaurant bar.
Is T&C Club TOO quiet in the evenings?

Another option I was looking into is Parrot Cay... I don't hear many people talk about this one..is it on the same caliber?

Thanks
Traveler

Postby ajax » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:57 am

I have been to Point Grace, never to T & C Club or Parrot Cay. PG sounds like it is what you are looking for. Very upscale, beautiful, luxury suroundings, great service at pool or beach. PG has a pool bar, but it closes at 6:00pm. Then the bar at Grace's Cottage opens. I do not know when it closes, it is not an happening bar. You can walk to Hemmingways at The Sands for that. We loved Point Grace and look forward to returning this summer. Hope this helps.
________
Toyota Technological Institute
Last edited by ajax on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajax

Postby turks101 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:10 pm

I have been to the palms and had a lovely time. I would not rule them out so quickly. The pool is lovely and the rooms are beautiful. The food at the Plams is good but too expensive for my tastes. You can eat at many other places on the island.

The service was fine for my family however, others may have had different expectations.
turks101

Return to Turks & Caicos Travel Forum