West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Fishing report and weather

Travel & news discussion about the Turks & Caicos

Fishing report and weather

Postby geoff19789 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Let me start by saying it did rain today. First time in a very long time. The "summer season" is soon upon us which means the best fishing season to my operation (blue marlin fishing)but it is also the time that people ask about the weather. The no# one question is how "hot" does it get in the summer. The simple answer is about the same temp that it is in the winter with 85 to 90 degrees during the day. The difference is that in the summer the sun is closer to us and being exposed to the sun makes it feel hot. Our trade winds blow year around but are a little south of east in the summer. The winds cool things down. Again, you can expect less than 30 minutes of rain your entire week long trip based on our annual rainfall. In summary, expsoure directly to the sun in the summer and you will feel hot, with some shade and the ever constant trade winds you will be very comortable, and finally, leave the umbrellas behind and stock up on more sunscreen.

I live here year around and the summer is my favorite time. I enjoy the warmer water temps and trade winds.

Last week, JOJO the dolphin followed us about five miles all the way to the dock. He jumped out of the water on each breath and gave our clients quiet a show.

Jellyfish report: no jellyfish Secret jellyfish, no see ums and mosquito releaf. Bring a mild anti-histimine any annoying bites are caused by an allergic reaction. Consult doctors first. I would say 1 out of 100 will get the red bumps from bites/stings. It has been 100% rememdy for the people who tried. I am a person who is bothered by mosquitos even when others are not. Some spray on the ankles before dinner makes my meal much more enjoyable.

On to fishing, my business. Wow, what a week. We actually caught all species this week. Starting with blue marlin which is what we are famous for this time of year. But, we also got the following: yellowfin tuna, wahoo, mahi-mahi and a kingfish.

Feel free to write or ask any questions if you like, even if it has nothing to do with fishing. Living here year around for the last fifteen years if I don't know the answers then I know someone who does. I am geoff adams of Gwendolyn Fishing charters. Remember: the only worries in turks and caicos are the one's you bring with you (so, please leave them at home). See you here!
geoff19789

Return to Turks & Caicos Travel Forum