West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Ocean Club/Ocean Club West

Travel & news discussion about the Turks & Caicos

Ocean Club/Ocean Club West

Postby maspears » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:11 pm

I'm planning a trip with friends for mid-July. I think I have found the place I want to stay. I understand that we can stay at either of the Ocean Club resorts and enjoy amenities of both. I heard, however, that one is somewhat better than the other. Does anyone know if this is true and can I get some feedback on the resorts if you have stayed there. Thanks.
maspears

Postby CaribSurfer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:45 pm

The main difference is Ocean Club West is "newer" than Ocean Club (say 15 years old vs. 10 years old). Other than that they are essentially identical in terms of number and placement of buildings, types of accomodations, furnishings, size of pool, landscaping and amenities. The only exception is OC has a watersports shed that rents small sailboat and other watercraft and there is the main restaurant (sorry the name escapes me) and a small gift shop at OC. They are about a mile or so appart and there's a free shuttle that runs regularly between the two locations.
CaribSurfer

Postby Virginia » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:36 pm

They are very similar with a few differences. OCW is an easier walk to a few bar/restaurants and shops, but you could take the shuttle from OC to OCW, and then walk. The least expensive rooms at OC do not have a large screened in terrace (just a small terrace), but the least expensive rooms at OCW do have the large screened in terrace. The restaurant, Gecko Grill, at OC is very good and we find the restaurant at OCW ok for breakfast or lunch, but not so great for dinner.

For us, we chose OCW because we only have a car for a few days and we like having a choice of places within an easy walk. You can't go wrong with either. Another thought - if you play golf, the course is almost across the street from OC.
Virginia

Postby justlaura » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:38 am

oceanclubresorts.com is a great website that will show you the layout of both resorts and tell you about the 3 different restaurants...oc has 2 pools and 2 restaraunts...ocw i think is a little closer to the water...the differences are small...oc is next door to club med and the club med dock that boats will be coming and going from so more going on in the water at oc...ocw also has a water sports rental shed on the beach between ocw and grace bay club...and ocw has a small store on site as well but it's not as stocked as the one at oc...but ocw is a walk away from ports of call so they don't need to keep too much on hand...check out their website for lots of great details...and if you want you can check out our photo gallery at provobums.com for lots of candid pics....mostly of ocw since that's where we stay...you can't go wrong at either place...or anywhere on grace bay for that matter...but that's just my opinion...
have a great trip!
justlaura

Return to Turks & Caicos Travel Forum