As a point of reference, view the map at
Beaches for snorkel'n
Arashi (B1), small beach at Malmok (C1),
Baby Beach (H16).
Several vendors of morining/afternoon
boat trips with snorkeling involved.
Did these some years ago & enjoyed it.
An observation from visits last month, Feb. & July '05 -
They seem to be a bit overcrowed on the boats these days.
There are some smaller boats. Ask the concierge at your
Day trips to Oranjestad -
for a map: http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/islands/ar/ormap.shtml
Day trips to St. Nick
Well, those who are regulars to one area tend to
favor where they always return. With that said ...
In the Hi-Rise resort area -
Hi people density. So, a lot of people on the beach.
Alot of boat activity.
Excellent beach. Many resorts means many pool/beach bars.
A lot of social interaction. Not calm and quiet.
Eagle. Another lovely beach. Most use is in front
of La Cabana.
Manchebo. Wide, white sand. In the Lo-Rise area.
Much less crowed.
Druif. From Tamarijn up to Manchebo beach. Again,
an excellent beach. My choice for "best float" &
Baby Beach. Different, Shallow. Great when with kids.
Roger's Beach - take care with regard to the currents.
Many other, smaller beaches but off the beaten path.
A number of routes with hubs in Oranjestad and St. Nick.
Oranjestad to Hi-rise resorts - $2.00 round trip.
All routes have fairly frequent designated stops.
The website is http://www.arubus.com/Index.htm
Safe? Very Much "YES"
Routes/schedule? See the website.
Could it be used to sample several beaches?
Honest answer ... have not considered it so do not
Not to miss?
- any one of the excellent restaurants.
- Mopa Mopa (Ricardo's shops in the Seaport Mall or the main
Renaisance mall or the INTI shops (Royal Plaza Mall or on Main Street)
avoid the "knock offs" at Port of Call)
- Jewelery shopping (my favorite ... Raj's Royal Jewelers/Royal Diamonds)
- Sun, Moon & Stars by the Windmill
- Butterfly farm (sit and let the butterflies hover about you
... take photos)
- Ostrich farm, if you've not seen the ostrich "in person"
- Relax time on the beach or pool side
- Sunset meal at Flying Fishbone or at one of the Hi-Rise locations
- A meandering drive about in the rental car. Visit Alto Vista church, the
church in Noord.
- Enjoy a visit to one of the casinos.
- Look for the warawara.
- Catch the sunrise and the sunsets. Some can be awesome.
- Should it rain while at the pool or on the beach .. grin
and enjoy it.
- Get to know the "locals"
A loaded question. Too many "best" to count.
Every repeat visitor has their favorites.
Most all resorts will have a LARGE book showcasing
the restaurants. Take some time to look through it.
Photos, menus, etc. Have the concierge make the