Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Can I sunbathe nude in the U.S. Virgin Islands?

The US Virgin Islands FAQ forum where we will be discussing, asking and answering questions for the new USVI FAQ

Can I sunbathe nude in the U.S. Virgin Islands?

Postby Anthony » Tue May 02, 2006 8:15 am

Can I sunbathe nude in the U.S. Virgin Islands? St. Croix? St. John? St. Thomas? Please leave answers for all (I know the real answer is no, but I am curious to see the various opinions and non-official nude beaches mentioned).
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Nude Sunbathing

Postby CariBert » Tue May 02, 2006 8:44 am

Technically, the answer is yes, but not in public. There is a wide variety of secluded villas on all the Islands that will allow you the freedom of doffing those yucky swim suits and you can sunburn your privates to your heart's content. However, it is not legal to be nude on the public (and they are all public) beaches in the USVI. I cannot speak about the "unofficial" nude beaches, except that if you are caught, you will be fined. If it were legal, I guess you would not be fined.

If I went nude on any of the public beaches, the public would most likely fine me! I would not subject anyone to that. I was born without clothes, but I am not nearly as cute now as I was then.
CariBert

Return to U.S. Virgin Islands FAQ