Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

WHERE ARE ALL THE EXPERIENCED, OLDER POSTERS????

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Postby Nicky » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:08 am

PMP....At least if your sons have their girlfriends there then they will keep themselves amused and you will be able to enjoy the island all on your own, at your own pace!

I'm saving my Virgin Flying Club miles for the next flight. I'm doing well so far - nearly got enough for one economy flight. If you don't belong, you should join up. I think you can get bonus miles for recommending people - If you don't belong let me know and I will recommend you, then you can recommend the next member of your group etc and you all benefit!!!

Nicky
Nicky

Postby PMP » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:58 am

Nicky, thanks for your reply. My husband and I are members of Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays. My only gripe about flying points is that if you earn them through Virgin Holidays (which we do), you don't get as much back as if you had booked direct with Atlantic. It works out to £50 per 10,000 points, which isn't a lot.

I didn't know you could get points by referring someone. I'll bear that in mind.

Our sons and their girl friends will no doubt want to find the nightlife and do a couple of tours, whereas my husband and I, having been to Barbados several times before, will probably only stay closer to the hotel or do a bit of shopping! (boring old sods!!)
We will do a catamaran trip -(Virgin used to do a free catamaran trip but have now stopped this, so we'll book up with either Cool Runnings or Silver Moon.)

Can't wait.
PMP

Postby Trishia » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:16 pm

Trishia>> I wish I could go Virgin to Barbados this year, but we've booked 9 days in Cyprus for September now. My problem with Barbados is that having tried Premium economy I now find it very difficult to think about going economy., and that makes it a very expensive trip ;o([/quote]

Nicky

Hope you enjoyed Cyprus and I DO know whay you mean having flown Virgin Premium Economy - hey, it spoils you!!! Virgin and BA have another sale on so if you're quick enough you may just get a cheaper flight. Even January and February 2007 are included!!! Mind you with the rental prices going up as they are for 2007, Barbados becomes not quite so attractive pricewise.

Trishia
Trishia

Postby Trishia » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:20 pm

PMP wrote:Nicky, thanks for your reply. My husband and I are members of Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays. My only gripe about flying points is that if you earn them through Virgin Holidays (which we do), you don't get as much back as if you had booked direct with Atlantic. It works out to £50 per 10,000 points, which isn't a lot.

I didn't know you could get points by referring someone. I'll bear that in mind.

Our sons and their girl friends will no doubt want to find the nightlife and do a couple of tours, whereas my husband and I, having been to Barbados several times before, will probably only stay closer to the hotel or do a bit of shopping! (boring old sods!!)
We will do a catamaran trip -(Virgin used to do a free catamaran trip but have now stopped this, so we'll book up with either Cool Runnings or Silver Moon.)

Can't wait.

PMP

Have booked for next year via Virgin by phone AND this very nice man suggested we use some Virgin Frequent Flyer points AND get a Companion Flight. Bsically this worked out that we got Premium Economy for around the same price as Economy.

Trishia
Trishia

Postby Trishia » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:20 pm

PMP wrote:Nicky, thanks for your reply. My husband and I are members of Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays. My only gripe about flying points is that if you earn them through Virgin Holidays (which we do), you don't get as much back as if you had booked direct with Atlantic. It works out to £50 per 10,000 points, which isn't a lot.

Can't wait.

PMP

Have booked for next year via Virgin by phone AND this very nice man suggested we use some Virgin Frequent Flyer points AND get a Companion Flight. Bsically this worked out that we got Premium Economy for around the same price as Economy.

Trishia
Trishia

Previous

Return to Barbados Travel Forum