Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Just Got Back

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Just Got Back

Postby Cockspurman » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:12 am

Hi everybody,just got back from a superb holiday in Barbados once again.We stayed in the Southern Palms in the Gap,this hotel and the staff were superb and location is just perfect.The turtles were laying on the beach at night in front of our apartment,we saw ten and eleven hatchlings which we helped into the sea.This was brilliant for us to see,the Gap was looking good as they have given most of it a lick of paint and spruced it up,the only bit that needs worked on is between Cafe Sol and McBrides.Went and visited the Casuarina and once more it is sitting empty with no work being done,they seemingly tried to build an ocean view block in the gardens but the government stopped them and it has now sat empty since last June.The monkeys are running free in the grounds and there is security at the gates,some cleaners and gardeners.I am pleased to say that almost all of the staff have managed to get other employment,visited Reggie at Coral Mist and he tried to talk me into going there,lovely rooms and beach just the wrong location for us.Sandy Beach has just about disappeared at bits,the sea has just about reclaimed it and the government are deciding whether to build a sea defence or not.Apart from this and some new apartments appearing, which might help the restaurants in the Gap because of the all inclusives,the island and the people are are friendly and beautiful as ever.Hope this is informative and get to Barbados when ever you can,Danny. p.s. the airport is looking good and a lot better.
Cockspurman

Cockspurman

Postby Suzy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:30 am

Hi there glad to read your post not heard from you since the new forum started, maybe some of the old posters might start returning if we can get some interest going.
Suzy

Thanks

Postby Cockspurman » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi Suzy,thanks for the reply hope it was of use.I have posted a few times on the new forum but I am away quite a lot and do not always get the opportunity,I am not deliberately staying away although I did enjoy the old forum with a lot of varied topics.
Cockspurman

sandy beach

Postby Dena » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi I read cocspursman message i am glad you had a good holiday but was not happy to hear about the state of sandy beach I was there in April and it was not too bad I am going back in Oct and always like to go that beach so I hope its not ok. I have been using the trip advisor site a lot more because not many people seem to post or reply on here anymore, the old forum use to get some really interesting discusions even if some of them use to upset some people, although the people who used to complain all the time and said they were only wanting to help with genuine questions have stopped posting as well
Dena

Return to Barbados Travel Forum