Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Amaryllis Beach Resort or Coconut court beach hotel

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Amaryllis Beach Resort or Coconut court beach hotel

Postby Jacquie » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:04 pm

We are about to book to go to Barbados around the end of August, However can anyone tell us which of the 2 hotels are better. We are a couple in our late 30s so we want a nice hotel, with good food and entertainment, we are thinking of room only but has anyone done the meal plan and did it work out to be a good thing. Id love to hear your comments about both hotels and the area and beach oh and the weather . Many Thanks Jac
Jacquie

Amaryllis or Coconut Court

Postby Cockspurman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:52 am

Hi Jac,I assume that you have never been to Barbados before,if that is the case you are in for a treat.I am going in June for my 15th visit and have stayed in various accomodation throughout the years,this might help you when you decide.I was moved to the Amaryllis last year when Casuarina closed,it has the potential to be a great hotel but was poorly ran and had various problems that everyone reported and not much was done to adress these.The Virgin air crews stayed there and were complaining as well.The Coconut Court is an older accomodation and does not have air conditioning however it is better ran than Amaryllis and is next door to it.My personal view is that these properties are in the wrong location and if you want self catering Coral Mist at Worthing or Southern Palms in the Gap are better hotels and in better locations with better beaches.This is my personal opinion and I hope wherever you go you have a great time,Danny.
Cockspurman

coconut court _Message for Danny

Postby Jacquie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:24 pm

Danny

Thank you for your reply . I was going to book the coconut court tomorrow but Im a little unsure after reading your post, Danny I have only been to Barbados once , stayed at Crain Beach , so I know very little of the rest of the Island, My mother in Law stayed at Silver Sands last year, but said it was a bit far away from everything. We are only going room only and I really want to be near a beautiful beach and within very easy reach of nice bars and resturants etc, what part of Barbados would you recommend, I will of course look up the places you mentioned but so far you have been a great help. Thanks so much Jac .

Ps I will look at the 2 you mentioned now, would you really say these 2 are in much better locations?
Jacquie

Postby Nicky » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:23 pm

I agree with Cockspurman, but then we seem to prefer the same hotels, having previously stayed at Casuarina several times in my past 13 visits!

If room only is your preference and you want to be close to bars and restaurants then the two hotels mentioned are perfect. You might also want to try Blue Orchid (which is the sister hotel to Coral mist and right next door, although Virgin holidays book them as one) and Coral Sands if your budget will stretch a bit. We're off to Coral Mist in 6 weeks and I am already excited!
Nicky

Hope This Helps

Postby Cockspurman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:25 am

Hi Jac'the two hotels I mentioned are better by far and in nicer locations and on good beaches.The Coral Mist and Blue Orchid are a new accomodation right on Sandy Beach which I rate as one of the nicest on the island,it is about a 1,000 metre walk to the Gap where most of the bars and nightlife are.The rooms are very well finished and the view from your room is amazing.The Southern Palms,which is where I am going in June,is an older property that is family owned and very well run.The rooms are all looking onto Dover beach,which is a slightly busier but still a very nice beach.It is the big pink hotel right in the middle of the Gap,you might have noticed it,it is about 300 metre walk to the busy end of the Gap.It is a very popular hotel that speaks volumes and in my view is in the perfect location.Hope this helps,Danny.
Cockspurman

Return to Barbados Travel Forum