Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Allamanda Beach Resort

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Allamanda Beach Resort

Postby caribbeanlover » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Can anyone advise me about this resort? I understand it is only a 2.5 star. SHould I be worried? Also is it close to Lawrence Gap, it seems like that is a happening area on the island.
Any info would help. Thank you.
D
caribbeanlover

Alamanda

Postby Cockspurman » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Hello there,I have never personally stayed in the Allamanda and am assuming it is the one on the south coast as there is also one at Sunset Crest in Holetown on the West coast.I did stay in the Amarylliss which is the sister to the one on the south coast and it was the worst run hotel I have stayed in Barbados.Go for the Southern Palms or Coral Mist if you can,these are much better situated and better accomodation.Hope this helps you and I am sure you will have a great time wherever you go in Barbados as it is just the best,Danny.
Cockspurman

Allamanda Beach Hotel

Postby Lois » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:52 pm

This is a budget property located in the Hastings area. It is probably 1.5 miles to the Gap area. Getting there by taxi (or bus) might work best.

Lois
Lois

Postby Nicky » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:11 pm

It is a fair trot from the Gap, but you could walk it. I would say it would take about 25 minutes. I walked to the Gap a couple of times on my last trip from Southern Surf and that took about 15-20 minutes or so and Allamanda is further on. You have a reasonable number of bars/restuarants within a short walk of Allamanda, but there's really no beach there.

Nicky
Nicky

Return to Barbados Travel Forum