Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

I Wish There Was More Posts On This Forum

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

I Wish There Was More Posts On This Forum

Postby Cockspurman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:11 am

Hi everyone I am a little disillusioned as I really enjoyed reading everybody's views and tips on Barbados.The forum is a great idea and as a Barbados regular I am still picking up great ideas from other peoples experiences.I hope that people read this and start telling their tales and adventures once again,hope to hear from you all soon,Danny.
Cockspurman

Cockspurman

Postby PMP » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:34 am

I think most people look / review on TripAdvisor forum. Saying that, I always still look on this forum as well.
PMP

Postby Anthony » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:13 pm

Yes - TripAdvisor has really made themselves a brand name. And they are a sponsor of us, which helps us out financially. That being said, I am sort of surprised that more people are not active here just as an alternative. TripAdvisor can be so sterile and corporate - at least here you can share URLs, email addresses and private message each other. All signs pointed to these features as things people wanted, but we just have not seemed to be able to generate a lot of conversation this past year. Thank you both for sticking around and maybe this winter things will start to look up here!
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

More posts!

Postby Maria Dewaard » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:40 am

I'll do my best but really I'm just looking for information at this point - we're going to Barbados for the first time this winter, followed by St. Vincent and Bequia, also for the first time.
So I'm checking the forums for any and all information about these islands, specifically the hotels where we will be staying (The House, Grandview Hotel and Bequia Beachfront Villas, respectively).
However, there really isn't that much information about Barbados I find, and what there is is very mixed - some people love it, others hate it. Same for The House. Anyway, as I said if anybody has anything to say about these places I'll be grateful!
Maria Dewaard

Postby Lois » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:37 pm

In my opinion, The House is very New Age and minimalist; not my kind of place. The feather bed gets great reviews I’m told. I’ve heard from people recently staying there that The house is a “jazzed up section” of Tamarind Hotel, a fairly average place.

There are mnay fantastic places to stay in Barbados including some wonderful villas.

If you would like my in-depth Insider Tips on Barbados (free), write me at:
swanson@ballardspahr.com

Regards,

Lois
Lois

Barbados

Postby Maria Dewaard » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:01 pm

Thanks Lois, will get back to you on this!
Maria Dewaard

The House

Postby Suzy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:54 pm

I agree with you on this one Lois we were really disappointed with the place, things were not as advertised. We stayed 2 nights and moved to Tamarind Cove which had a lot better atmosphere, looked in at Colony Club but there seemed to be lots of elderly people there. We did like the look of Treasure Beach.
Suzy

The House

Postby Maria Dewaard » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:14 am

I did actually just read a very positive review about the House on TripAdvisor. The issues of peace and quiet mentioned by this reviewer are important to us, so... I think we'll be fine. Again, not too concerned about this, as said it will be great to be in the sun and on the beach in any case!
Maria Dewaard

Return to Barbados Travel Forum