Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

PADI Diving

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

PADI Diving

Postby Nicky » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:46 pm

We're looking to do our PADI Open Water diving referral in Feb. We're staying at Coral Mist and I'm wondering if any of you other regulars on here are divers. If so, which dive operations have you experienced and which would you recommend for the referral.

I'm thinking one of the south coast ones for convenience (we will have a car) and because I would quite like to do the Carlisle Bay wrecks.
We start our course in the UK at the end of Jan and finish a week before we go to BGI, can't wait! We've both done loads of snorkelling and love it. Just hope and pray we don't get a cold and can complete to course in cold old England before 17/2. Otherwise it will be Folkestone for 3 weeks of snorkelling!
Thanks for any feedback,
Nicky
Nicky

Which Dive Shop

Postby Cockspurman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:33 am

Hi Nicky,I have dived in Barbados for 11 years now and have been with several operators.I now use Roger's Scuba Shack at the Boatyard.They are very well organised and it is just a one minute boat ride to the wrecks in Carlisle Bay.Just ask for Mark and tell him Danny sent you and you will be well looked after,Mark is Roger's brother.He will take you to some beautiful reef dives,they only decide on where they are going when they find out where everyone else is diving,which means you normally have the dive site to yourselves.Hope this helps and enjoy your diving,Danny.
Cockspurman

Postby Nicky » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:29 am

Thanks for the feedback Cockspurman. We were thinking about Roger's Scuba Shack initially, but the write up on some of the others in the Barbados Dive Guide made them sound better. I think we will probably stick with Roger's outfit - personal recommendation is always worth a lot more to me than journalism! With it being our first "proper" dives I wanted to make sure that it was done properly.
Nicky

Return to Barbados Travel Forum