Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Doesn't Anyone Want To Talk About Barbados Anymore?

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Doesn't Anyone Want To Talk About Barbados Anymore?

Postby Cockspurman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:31 am

Hi there,

Just wondering if there were any like minded people out there wanting to join in with Topics about Barbados,this used to be a great forum for this,let's get it going once more.
Cockspurman

Postby OttawaBob » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:39 am

I agree, this used to be a great forum. When I started to use the Internet to help plan trips to the Caribbean, this was the first board I came across. Hopefully, people will return to using it.
OttawaBob

Let's talk about Barbados again

Postby Cockspurman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:44 pm

Hello'Ottawa Bob,
I am so glad that there are people out there wanting to talk about Barbados,we have been there 17 times and there are so many things that we still haven't seen or done.This forum used to keep me informed about the place or gave me ideas of different things to do,also it is useful to help people going for the first time,so come on and start posting again and people will reply.Thanks for replying,Danny
Cockspurman

Postby Anthony » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:38 pm

Thanks for coming guys - I would love to see us get this place going again. We have an update coming to this software soon which will hopefully let us raise the visibility of the forums more on other pages of the site and make it easier to see when someone makes a new post etc. More soon -
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby AnnaC » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:24 am

Thanks for bringing up the subject. I used to use this forum, not only for information, but to give my advice based on my many years experience travelling to Barbados. I've been going to the "other forum" for some time, but I would like this one to get back to the way it was. I hope some of the past posters get back on the bandwagon, too. Is it worth posting a message on the "other" forum to see if we can get more people involved?
AnnaC

Postby Nicky » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:45 am

Hi Danny

I still have a look in here, but very infrequently now. Its a shame that people seem to have deserted this forum, it used to be so lively.

I've just booked trip number 18 for April/May next year - 3 weeks at Coral Mist - can't wait already! Got a copmapnion flight on Virgin, so are going Premium Economy and already got our seats booked upstairs on the plane.

Nicky
Nicky

Postby DianeC » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:31 pm

It is the same on the Grenada Explorer forum, that hardly has anyone visiting it! The only one that is still lively is the Antigua & Barbuda Newsgroup, which has lots of posts every day. Perhaps the format isn't right.I used to look on this & Grenada every day, as I love both islands, but they seem a bit dead now. perhaps it will change again soon.
DianeC

Postby DianeC » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:16 pm

Hi
Just a quick PS. I haven't heard of the Coral Mist hotel. Where on the island is it & is it a good place to stay? Probably showing my ignorance, but just interested!
DianeC

Postby OttawaBob » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:54 am

The Coral Mist hotel is located just east (towards the Gap) of the Accra hotel on Worthing beach. Their website is coralmistbarbados.com.
OttawaBob

Postby DianeC » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:33 pm

I will put that in my Barbados folder, for when we next visit. Always nice to have recommendations.
DianeC

Hi!

Postby SuefromMA » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi, Everyone!

It is so nice to see some posts! My husband (Jim) and I have been frequent posters on the USVI forum for the last few years & LOVE it!

We are planning to "venture away" from the USVI's for next years vacation - and have chosen Barbados. This will be our first trip there. We will staying for 8 nights - flying in on April 26th and coming home on May 4th.

We are mixing it up a little & staying our first 4 nights at Peach & Quiet on the south coast - then staying our last 4 nights at Treasure Beach on the west coast. Have only "nailed down" our hotels & plane reservations.

Have read many, many differing reviews on "the other forum" re: restaurants. We are not "gourmet folks" - but, don't mind paying "good money" for a great dining experience. Last year we ate at Asolare on St. John & it was one of the most memorable evenings that we have ever had. Great view, great service, great food - great ambiance.

Anyway - there seem to be sooo many "oceanfront" dining spots on Barbados. Seems almost overwhelming to choose among them. We "hope" to only go on the "high end" side on 3 - 4 nights of our trip.

I am pretty sure that we want to try The Tides, Restaurant at Southseas & Champers. But, really don't know if we should forgo any of them to "really" splurge & go to The Cliff, or not. I have read quite a few reviews that say that the service isn't up to the par of the price & also that it is a bit "stuffy" and "pretentious". Truthfully, no matter how famous, we really don't want to consider going to a place that might have an "upper-crust" aura about it. While others say that it is the most "amazing place" that they have ever been. So, still on the fence - but, as of now, leaning more "off".

Any comments? or suggestions on my dining thoughts?
SuefromMA

This is Great

Postby Cockspurman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:39 pm

Hello everybody,
Thanks very much for posting,sorry that I have taken time to answer but I have been away with work.This is great and hopefully the regeneration of the forum,it is great that Nicky is still going to Barbados and she will love the Coral Mist,it has fantastic sea views over beautiful Sandy Beach and also my old friend Reggie does the Activities there,the rooms are of a high standard.It is also great that a new couple are going to Barbados and I am sure they will not be disappointed with the eating out and the place,keep the postings coming and I will try and answer anything that I have experienced in Barbados,hope everyone chips in with their adventures and experiences,thanks once again,Danny
Cockspurman

Hi Everyone Clifton is back

Postby Clifton » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:38 am

Hi Cockspurman,
I haven't been on this forum in ages, most people to the forum wouldn't remember me or don't know me, I haven't chatted with you in a while, I remember the early days when I gave lots of information about Barbados on this site, it was quite fun and I enjoyed assisting persons in relation to my beautiful island Barbados.

It seem the forum has been almost dead, doesn't seem to be that much posts on it, not very frequent, well i'm here again and willing to answer any questions about Barbados which is needed.

Come i'll assist in getting the forum life rejuvenated again, what little I can do, anyways, anyone who have any Barbados questions or queries, feel free to ask.

Have a good day, Clifton
Clifton

Here,s your chance to get first hand information on Barbados

Postby Cockspurman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Hello Clifton,
Hope you are doing good,it is great to hear from you once again.For everyone that doesn't know Clifton he lives in Barbados and is a total mine of knowledge about the island,so if anyone wants to ask a question then Clifton is your man.There is no excuses for this forum not to take off once again.I have a friend from Barbados coming to stay with us this month unfortunately I will be away at work and will miss the stories about Barbados.
I was talking tonight with a friend who went for the first time last year with us to the Southern Palms and he was wanting to go back again,so the magic of Barbados has worked on him and his wife.
Anyway Clifton hope you keep posting and help us out with the forum,look forward to everyones questions and views,all the best,Danny
Cockspurman

Doesn't anyone want to talk...

Postby PMP » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:36 am

Hi everyone, like you I always used to go straight to this forum and found the whole experience really helpful. I don't know what happened but everything seemed to die down and I started going on the "other site", which I still do. Now that I have re-ignited my thoughts I will try to come on here as much as I can to read or help!
We're off to Barbados again in January, our 9th visit, and cannot wait.
PMP

Next

Return to Barbados Travel Forum