the West Indies
$12.95

new forum.....lots of viewers......not much chitchat

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

new forum.....lots of viewers......not much chitchat

Postby hotbunny » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:15 pm

Hi
I was visiting the previous forum for a while before you started this new forum. I have noticed that many people visit this site and view the subjects but do not add anything or post new subjects. this is unfortunate .
________
Ferrari 166 S history
Last edited by hotbunny on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotbunny

New Forum

Postby Lois » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:29 am

Hi -

I feel the same way. I do hope people start writing again - lots of comments are helpful to travelers. I'm sure it won't take long and it will be more active.

Lois
Lois

Postby Suzy » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi Lois did you ever find out what happened to Clifton he formed his own forum but it never seemed to get off the ground. Would be nice to what he's up to he was so helpful and informative.
Suzy

Clifton

Postby Lois » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:12 pm

I think he lost interest. We had been in constant communication but when I visited in 2004, he had already not been responding to questions. He was quite busy with music on the island also. My attempts to reach him were unsuccessful. I can only think he got more involved in music or something else.

Lois
Lois

Re: new forum.....lots of viewers......not much chitchat

Postby Trishia » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:03 am

hotbunny wrote:Hi
I was visiting the previous forum for a while before you started this new forum. I have noticed that many people visit this site and view the subjects but do not add anything or post new subjects. this is unfortunate .

Maybe because it's because everyone has to register?

Also you have to hit the QUOTE button to reply - it took me a while to fathon this out! I kept hitting the pink REPLY button on the bottom left of the page which doesn't work.
Trishia

re:quote to reply

Postby hotbunny » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:42 am

Hi Tricia
I pushed the reply button and it prompted me to sign in and I was able to post this reply without using the quote. I agree re: the registering.....many people are very cautious when it comes to "registering" online. I hope Lois is right and more people sign on and speak up.
Hotbunny
________
buy vaporizers
Last edited by hotbunny on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotbunny

Re: re:quote to reply

Postby Trishia » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:54 am

hotbunny wrote:Hi Tricia
I pushed the reply button and it prompted me to sign in and I was able to post this reply without using the quote. I agree re: the registering.....many people are very cautious when it comes to "registering" online. I hope Lois is right and more people sign on and speak up.
Hotbunny

Hi Hotbunny

After logging in - if I press the REPLY BUTTON then I am invited to reply, however the page appears blank until I scroll right down off the page. JUst thought this may be a little off putting to some.

However, when I hit the QUOTE button, I am invited to Post Reply and the blank page is not there but the Header of the post I am replying to is.
Trishia

Postby Anthony » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:38 pm

Trishia wrote:REPLY BUTTON then I am invited to reply, however the page appears blank until I scroll right down off the page. JUst thought this may be a little off putting to some.

I have not seen this or had anyone else mention it - the New Topic and Reply should be at the top and button of the page. As to the chit chat - yes it has been cut a bit but if the info is good here people will come, it just may take some time. Registration always cuts down a bit but it was necessary for the management of this forum especially with all the garbage that was going on here.
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby AnnaC » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:26 am

Thanks for mentioning the "Quote" button for replying to a message. I, too, have had problems regarding posting a new message and replying to a post. Maybe the reason for so few posts is that this forum takes a while to get used to and people might be put-off. I went to Lois directly for a question I had because I was unsure how to post it to the forum. However, thank you Anthony for making it more secure - and thank you Lois for taking the time to reply to my message.

Anthony wrote:
Trishia wrote:REPLY BUTTON then I am invited to reply, however the page appears blank until I scroll right down off the page. JUst thought this may be a little off putting to some.

I have not seen this or had anyone else mention it - the New Topic and Reply should be at the top and button of the page. As to the chit chat - yes it has been cut a bit but if the info is good here people will come, it just may take some time. Registration always cuts down a bit but it was necessary for the management of this forum especially with all the garbage that was going on here.
AnnaC

Return to Barbados Travel Forum