Page 1 of 1

new forum.....lots of viewers......not much chitchat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:15 pm
by hotbunny
Hi
I was visiting the previous forum for a while before you started this new forum. I have noticed that many people visit this site and view the subjects but do not add anything or post new subjects. this is unfortunate .
________
Ferrari 166 S history

New Forum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:29 am
by Lois
Hi -

I feel the same way. I do hope people start writing again - lots of comments are helpful to travelers. I'm sure it won't take long and it will be more active.

Lois

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:09 pm
by Suzy
Hi Lois did you ever find out what happened to Clifton he formed his own forum but it never seemed to get off the ground. Would be nice to what he's up to he was so helpful and informative.

Clifton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:12 pm
by Lois
I think he lost interest. We had been in constant communication but when I visited in 2004, he had already not been responding to questions. He was quite busy with music on the island also. My attempts to reach him were unsuccessful. I can only think he got more involved in music or something else.

Lois

Re: new forum.....lots of viewers......not much chitchat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:03 am
by Trishia
hotbunny wrote:Hi
I was visiting the previous forum for a while before you started this new forum. I have noticed that many people visit this site and view the subjects but do not add anything or post new subjects. this is unfortunate .


Maybe because it's because everyone has to register?

Also you have to hit the QUOTE button to reply - it took me a while to fathon this out! I kept hitting the pink REPLY button on the bottom left of the page which doesn't work.

re:quote to reply

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:42 am
by hotbunny
Hi Tricia
I pushed the reply button and it prompted me to sign in and I was able to post this reply without using the quote. I agree re: the registering.....many people are very cautious when it comes to "registering" online. I hope Lois is right and more people sign on and speak up.
Hotbunny
________
buy vaporizers

Re: re:quote to reply

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:54 am
by Trishia
hotbunny wrote:Hi Tricia
I pushed the reply button and it prompted me to sign in and I was able to post this reply without using the quote. I agree re: the registering.....many people are very cautious when it comes to "registering" online. I hope Lois is right and more people sign on and speak up.
Hotbunny


Hi Hotbunny

After logging in - if I press the REPLY BUTTON then I am invited to reply, however the page appears blank until I scroll right down off the page. JUst thought this may be a little off putting to some.

However, when I hit the QUOTE button, I am invited to Post Reply and the blank page is not there but the Header of the post I am replying to is.

Re: re:quote to reply

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:38 pm
by Anthony
Trishia wrote:REPLY BUTTON then I am invited to reply, however the page appears blank until I scroll right down off the page. JUst thought this may be a little off putting to some.


I have not seen this or had anyone else mention it - the New Topic and Reply should be at the top and button of the page. As to the chit chat - yes it has been cut a bit but if the info is good here people will come, it just may take some time. Registration always cuts down a bit but it was necessary for the management of this forum especially with all the garbage that was going on here.

Re: re:quote to reply

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:26 am
by AnnaC
Thanks for mentioning the "Quote" button for replying to a message. I, too, have had problems regarding posting a new message and replying to a post. Maybe the reason for so few posts is that this forum takes a while to get used to and people might be put-off. I went to Lois directly for a question I had because I was unsure how to post it to the forum. However, thank you Anthony for making it more secure - and thank you Lois for taking the time to reply to my message.


Anthony wrote:
Trishia wrote:REPLY BUTTON then I am invited to reply, however the page appears blank until I scroll right down off the page. JUst thought this may be a little off putting to some.


I have not seen this or had anyone else mention it - the New Topic and Reply should be at the top and button of the page. As to the chit chat - yes it has been cut a bit but if the info is good here people will come, it just may take some time. Registration always cuts down a bit but it was necessary for the management of this forum especially with all the garbage that was going on here.